Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Week 6 2021: Mark Davis: Ally

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
week-6-nfl-schedule.png

Right now somewhere in Jacksonville, Urban Meyer is right between being overjoyed and being perplexed that he's not the first head coach that got shitcanned this season.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also @HarleyQuinn probably wants to beat up Rex Ryan rn.
Interestingly, the 'Intended Air Yards per Pass Attempt' stat for Mac Jones is 7.6 right now. For comparison: Brady was at 7.9 & 7.6 in 2018/2019 and Justin Herbert's been at 7.4 and 7.3 the last 2 seasons. Mac's 'Completed Air Yards per Pass Attempt' is also right in line with Brady's 3.9/3.6 as Mac is sitting at 3.6. Last year, Cam Newton was at 6.8 and 3.8.

I think it's simply a function of how the Patriots offense is run. They do a lot of out routes in that 6-10 yard range, intermediate dig routes around 10-12 yards, and seam routes for the tight ends. It really isn't a vertical offense except when they utilize play action, which is where they rely on trying to going deep over the top of the defense if it's there.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This isn't really a hill I want to die on but I do find it somewhat ironic that Gruden is (rightfully) forced to resign but the halftime show at the Super Bowl features three performers (Dre, Snoop, Em) who frequently used homophobic and/or misogynistic lyrics on their biggest albums and everyone is seemingly okay with it. I realize that those albums were recorded years and even decades ago in some cases but still.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not to mention that Dr. Dre beat the absolute heck out of Dee Barnes and has been frequently accused of domestic abuse.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gruden would probably still have a job if he didn't include Goodell in his hate harangue. He would just be taking sensitivity classes or some shit. The NFL doesn't actually care about anything he said.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This isn't really a hill I want to die on but I do find it somewhat ironic that Gruden is (rightfully) forced to resign but the halftime show at the Super Bowl features three performers (Dre, Snoop, Em) who frequently used homophobic and/or misogynistic lyrics on their biggest albums and everyone is seemingly okay with it. I realize that those albums were recorded years and even decades ago in some cases but still.
Clay Travis, is that you?!

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hopefully not a letdown this week against another pretty bad defense. Going into the bye knocking off KC and Tennessee would be huge.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Jags will be playing Seattle on the 31st. Russell Wilson possibly being out leaves open a revenge-game scenario.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Man... like Arizona's offense needed any more weapons, especially at TE a position they were thin on.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dear John Mara,

Please Ben McAdoo Joe Judge right now

Okay. Please.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots sitting now at 2-4 with another close loss to a very good team. Mac is proving that he can come back for some game-winning drives although issues such as the D being unable to get off on 3rd Downs and players dropping passes continue to rear their heads. At least no RB fumbled the ball this time.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tough loss but outside of Chargers and their games against the Bills, I think rest of the schedule looks pretty favorable. I'm still a believer. Way Mac responded to the soul crushing pick six with his biggest pass of the year was impressive. Looking forward to seeing how he continues to develop.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh damn pretty ridiculous ending to Bills/Titans. Allen slips on a 4th and inches near the Titans goal line with .Bills down 3 and doesn't get the 1st. Heartbreaker for the Bills there.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess we can never feel too good haha. Defense was awful tonight. Tannehill is a sack factory but didn’t get dropped once.