Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NHL Hall of Fame Class of 2020 Announced

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
The Hockey Hall of Fame announced Wednesday that Jarome Iginla, Marian Hossa, Kevin Lowe, Kim St-Pierre, and Doug Wilson will be part of the 2020 class.

I'm really glad to see Iginla and Hossa make it. Iginla was a lynchpin of those Calgary teams and one of the premiere Power Forwards in the NHL while Hossa seemed like he was always that very good but not quite elite scorer in Ottawa then had a long resurgence in Chicago throughout his 30s. I do feel like Hossa never quite lived up to the potential of being a 40 goal per year scorer but was consistently in the 30-35 range before settling into a 70-80 point guy in Chicago.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
always liked Iginla so that's really cool. Kevin Lower was really damn good and is just more evidence of how fucking insanely loaded those Oilers teams were. HOFers in the 83-84 season: Wayne, Messier, Paul Coffey, Jari Kurri, Glenn Anderson, Keven Lowe, Grant Fuhr

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
...if it wasn't for the fact that nothing actually ever improves in Edmonton because that idiot runs the team, I'd be happy for Kevin Lowe getting in.

I got to meet Iginla twice in my life. Dude was a seriously nice guy both times I got to meet him. Happy he made it in.