Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Night Court Returning

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a sequel series not a remake, @BruiserBrody ! Stop trying to take work away from Richard Moll!

And he needs it apparently since I had to Google whether or not he was still alive. *headslap*

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Bull was taken back to his home planet in the last episode, so I expect continuity.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i love john larequtte and night court but this is a bad idea. Only way Dan works in a modern context is if he's done a total 180 and is now a social justice warrior who would never dream of hitting on a woman, just take it to the other extreme. Rewatched NC like 10=15 years ago and even then some of Dan's stuff was really wwkward. Can only imagine now.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I mean, John Larroquette is, like, seventy-three, or somewhere in that neighborhood. Dan Fielding could work in a modern context, in an "Archie Bunker" type way: as in, "Hey, everybody, come and laugh at us dunking on this old sexist fossil!", where he doesn't realize that he's the butt of the joke.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Get Larroquette, Shatner, Spader, etc. to do a Boston Legal reboot instead.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean, John Larroquette is, like, seventy-three, or somewhere in that neighborhood. Dan Fielding could work in a modern context, in an "Archie Bunker" type way: as in, "Hey, everybody, come and laugh at us dunking on this old sexist fossil!", where he doesn't realize that he's the butt of the joke.
It worked for Tim Allen. Got a nice eight season run on this concept.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It probably was a decade ago by now, but John Larroquette still had fantastic timing and delivery when he was on an episode of Parks and Rec. They should've done this 5-10 years ago when Harry Anderson was still alive. The whole cast was surprisingly still alive and fairly active before Harry's passing a few years ago. I saw my guy Sir Richard Moll in a few SyFy shark movies a couple years ago.

Is Melissa Rauch any good? She was annoying like everyone else whenever I came across any Big Bang Theory. This show will probably be trash either way, but if Rauch is bad it will especially be terrible since Harry was so wacky and goofy that a similar character could be obnoxious in the hands of someone else. Harry Anderson on Night Court had that ability to play a wacky jokester character and it not be obnoxious.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Harry Anderson was so good. He was a genuinely likeable guy in a way I don't think a lot of people now are.

If she's involved, Markie Post will be Rauch's mom.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I admit to being skeptical, myself. I happen to think that Melissa Rauch is funny, but she's funny in a completely different way than Harry Anderson was; as in, not "wacky" funny, at all. More sarcastically funny, which suits my tastes down to the ground, but may not work as the lead on a show like Night Court.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Christine went on to be a congresswoman at the end of the show, and in canon she had a kid that kind of never got brought up again. It wasn't until Christine fell in love with forensic technician Keith David that that child had a family and aspirations. Love conquers all.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
i love john larequtte and night court but this is a bad idea. Only way Dan works in a modern context is if he's done a total 180 and is now a social justice warrior who would never dream of hitting on a woman, just take it to the other extreme. Rewatched NC like 10=15 years ago and even then some of Dan's stuff was really wwkward. Can only imagine now.
Isn't the wholesome Dan pushing the Phil foundation some of the worst stuff? Dan being a sleaze is really one of the only highlights of the show, which is a little painful to watch nowadays when I catch some randomly on Laff TV.

I know...I know.... "We should keep bad things because there has always been bad things, damn your slightly less progressive viewpoints, Brody!"

I'll go back to my Don Rickles Roast videos now. He said somethings about Bubba Smith that I am a little surprised were acceptable even by 1978 standards!

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
RIP to the best clerk in the history of the court system:

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last time I saw him he had a recurring role on "Mom"

He was great

RIP

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Terrible. I had a big crush on her as a kid going back to the Fall Guy. She was great on NC and fit right in

RIP

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I had a crush on her too mostly from watching NC reruns on A&E. She was great on the show too and had great chemistry with Larroquette. I also really liked her in her small role in There's Something About Mary.

RIP

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
It's kind of a mindfuck how Ed Asner, who was old as fuck thirty years ago, did a TV show with John Ritter and Markie Post, back in the nineties, and he's outlived both of them.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I've been doing a re-watch of the original show. If nothing else it's worth it for the sheer number of character actors who did guest spots. Future stars like Michael J. Fox and Michael Richards, John Astin, Kevin Peter Hall, James Cromwell, Lou Ferrigno, even got an uncredited appearance by Professor Toru Tanaka!

Valeyard

Reaction score
I like this Big Bang chick. Just as bangable as Harry Anderson but without the masculinity of Markie Post.