Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nintendo Chatter v2

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I'll wait and see about that. I don't think Nintendo would be stupid enough to ship out a three hour only battery life.

...then again, this is the company that shipped out the WiiU...

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Well, the Pikachu with Red's hat now makes more sense that Red is in the game. Though that doesn't explain how it has Ash's hat, unless we get Ash too.

DAMMIT HOW MUCH LONGER UNTIL THESE GAMES COME OUT?

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My experience of going back to play NES games in the past 15 years: Turn it on, play for 5 minutes, shrug and turn it off. Having to hold that controller would shorten that time.

It'd maybe be worth $20 to me for the novelty of owning the thing. It'll probably be $75-80 in Canada.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Those dudes don't know how to play Bubble Bobble. They talk about the EXTEND letters a board or 2 after they could have triggered them for the first time, they don't blow & pop bubbles against a wall to get points while waiting to go to the next board, and ignore the fast candy in board 10.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Caved when I got my money and bought Dragon Quest VII, Pokemon Sun and a year subscription of Pokebank. Got the Pokebank simply because I want to transfer all the awesome Pokemon I've collected. Went a bit over my budget to nab Pokemon Moon.

Now, just need to get Y (again as I was a moron and traded it in when I got Omega), Alpha and Moon and I should have all the Pokemons. Mwahahahahahah!

Except probably Mew. Because fucking Mew.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
In typical Nintendo fashion they put out fewer NES Classics than demand warranted and everyone is pissed.

I'm not going to kill myself hunting this thing. I can get most of those games on my 3DS and spend roughly the same amount so whatever.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Went to Target at 9:30 and there were a few other people looking for the NES Classic. They sold out. Best Buy told me they had 60 units that sold out.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Man, loving Sun so much. Alola's an interesting place to visit.

Sucks though that you can't trade your pokemon from previous games until January 2017.

BorneAgain

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Happy Tenth Anniversary to the Nintendo Wii, released 10 years ago today. Actually stayed up all night in line at a Best Buy with a friend that night. Amazing how much stuff like Wii Sports resort blew us away at that time.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
My mom (NOT ME) was in line for the Wii today. You know the funny thing is, she managed to get one at Future Shop. Funny enough, she used that console more than I or my father ever did. Even though I was the one who paid for it. I honestly didn't mind, because I think that was what got her more into gaming in different genres, as she stepped out of her comfort zone.

Wii Sports blew us all away because it was different and unique and you gotta admit that it was also fun. I mean, people were still playing games like bowling for quite some time.

Oh yeah, the next Pokemon game is called Pokemon Stars and is for the Switch and looks to be the "sequel" to Sun and Moon.

TheSSNintendo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I managed to get a Wii two months after it came out. Circuit City had a limited supply one Sunday morning in January '07, and I stood in line with about 30 people for a couple hours waiting for one.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I was hanging out with some coworkers and upon mentioning I'd have to leave around 11 to go hope I win the lottery for a Wii THEY suggested they could go with me to increase my odds. I was pumped. Then when it was time to go oh sorry nah that's too much work. Walmart had roughly 1 Wii for every 5 people there, if they had all gone my odds would have been really good. I did not get a Wii.

Then at work Monday they were all STUNNED I didn't get one and we're sad they wouldn't be able to come over to try it. Like I always say, fuck people and burn this planet to the ground.

I got super lucky and got one at Toys R Us about 2 weeks later. Guess who all asked to come play it. FUCK YOU STILL TEN YEARS LATER.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was one of the people waiting in line in front of Best Buy for a Wii the night before. It was also where I had my only celebrity encounter.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I got a Wii for Christmas I think a year after it came out. I played Wii Sports, MLB 2K5, and a few VC games (SimCity, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Donkey Kong Country). Nintendo should have kept developing games on it. Most Wii/Nintendo fans wouldn't have minded.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Flik said:
My mom (NOT ME) was in line for the Wii today. You know the funny thing is, she managed to get one at Future Shop. Funny enough, she used that console more than I or my father ever did. Even though I was the one who paid for it. I honestly didn't mind, because I think that was what got her more into gaming in different genres, as she stepped out of her comfort zone.
Sweet, your mom's a Time Lord?

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
...yeah, yeah she is.

God dammit. >_<

Also, if you've got the new Pokemon game, Feebas is the most expensive mon on GTS.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
The modability of the Wii is amazing. The Smash Melee scene wouldn't be anywhere near as big as it is now without the Wii.

<3

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Should be interesting to see how good the switch will be at that.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I don't like Jimmy Fallon but occasionally he has interesting moments like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V17tXBePgfo

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The hype train is a fucking smoldering pile of rubble at this point

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
And now an open world Mario game. HIS HAT IS ALIVE

I dunno, I'm at probably a 6 or 7 on this. Depends if games take a performance hit when the tablet is undocked.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
$400 CAD. $20 more than regular price of a PS4 Slim or Xbox One S. $100 more than relatively common recent sale prices. And paid online services from Nintendo. (lol)

Accessory prices are kinda dumb too. $50 per Joy-Con, or $80 for a pair. (So probably $70 & $110 CAD.) $90 for an extra dock and cables. $70 for a pro controller. I can remember thinking $65 for a Wiimote and nunchuk was bad.
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/

"HD Rumble", Arms, and Project Octopath Traveller are dopey names.

Pricing and other nonsense aside, I lost my mind a bit at Mario doing some big "New Donk City" Spider-man shit, jumping rope with human people, pimpin' groom Bowser, and the sentient hat. And I think it looks great. (Mind you, I've played like 3 current-gen games for about 5 hours.)

And there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xps4pOcepw8