Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nintendo Chatter v2

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I bought a Power A Wired Controller for $17. For what I paid, it's a good controller. The D-Pad could be a bit less stiff.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I ended up getting an 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ and am really loving it. It's probably my favourite gaming controller right now. The charge lasts forever, as well.

https://www.8bitdo.com/sn30-pro-plus/

I went with the SNES themed version.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd thought about getting one before and read good things about them. But when I read your post I was eating lunch in the mall and had walked by one for sale maybe 10 minutes prior. So I said fuck it and went back downstairs after I ate and bought one.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Tetris update: I finished 2nd. I looked at the other guy's board and there was no way I was going to beat him. He had 1/3 of filled as I was losing.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
Tetris update: I finished 2nd. I looked at the other guy's board and there was no way I was going to beat him. He had 1/3 of filled as I was losing.

Tetris 99 is the Battle Royale game we didnt know we needed. Fantastic.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sure wish the Nintendo E-shop would bust out some older Final Fantasy games as well as some Nintendo 64 gems.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think a lot of the n64 gems are licensing issues now. Rare is Microsoft so no banjo/conker etc. Lucas arts is dead so there’s the Star Wars games gone. Only nintys I really recall was star fox, mario, and mario kart.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Sabre said:
I think a lot of the n64 gems are licensing issues now. Rare is Microsoft so no banjo/conker etc. Lucas arts is dead so there’s the Star Wars games gone. Only nintys I really recall was star fox, mario, and mario kart.

Lucas Arts games are on Steam. I bought Shadows of the Empire last year. Disney is fine with selling old games.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pretty sure you won't see any N64 games on the eshop until 6-12 months after the eventual N64 Classic comes out

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I got it. Played a little bit this morning

Almost out of (first) debt to Tom Nook, that fucking slave trader.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What's your island's local fruit? Everyone on my friends list has Pears for some reason.

Also request sent

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Don't know yet, just starting up the game now. Will let you know! I'm always on the lookout for outer space themed items, fyi.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have oranges!

FYI, gonna be heading over to the girlfriend's in a bit, so won't be on the board for a couple days.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wasn't going to get Animal Crossing right away but I figured I needed something chill to game on as opposed to the regular stuff I play like Nioh or Elder Scrolls. Definitely a good call. ;)

My island's fruit is also oranges. I'm not sure what my SW code is but I'll check and repost here when I get a chance. :)

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have Pears as my local fruit but I also have oranges, coconuts and bamboo now on my island if people want to stop by for supplies.

0038-6592-6128 is my friend code

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-27-people-are-using-animal-crossing-new-horizons-for-birthdays-weddings-and-dates-while-stuck-inside

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not going to be on until Friday, but, my Switch ID is : SW-3389-4129-2794.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-30-sources-nintendo-switch-2020-line-up-dominated-by-mario-games-old-and-new

I hope it's true because I'll buy them all.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Yeah buy a micro SD card. I believe the Switch comes with a 32GB card. I think I have 256GB in mine. I don't know if your going to buy digital or physical games, either way it's good to have extra storage.

Also, I don't know if your daughter is going to play any games online or you're okay with that, but it's twenty dollars a year for Nintendo Online. It enables you to play online and Nintendo has a small catalog of old school games (Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda) you can play with the subscription.

Also if she plans on traveling with it, get a carrying case.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't already bought it you may have to wait awhile. Apparently the on hand supply sold out everywhere and people are charging well above retail for them at the moment. Because Covid,and possibly Animal crossing.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
fazzle said:
I have Pears as my local fruit but I also have oranges, coconuts and bamboo now on my island if people want to stop by for supplies.

0038-6592-6128 is my friend code

I'm going to send a friend request thing or whatever. I'm only on Day 2(?) I think.

My code is:
SW-1490-0197-7814