Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nintendo Chatter v2

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wasn't able to connect my Switch to the internet for 24 hours or so, but I got you added now.

I feel like we should create a separate AC thread, if for no other reason than for us to post our current Turnip prices so that we can all jump to that person's island if they have a high buying price

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The turnips are only before noon, so if you log on after that they're gone. But you may have been too early in the game to get it.

They're sold to you for anywhere between 90 and 110, and are only good until the next Saturday. You get two different purchase prices per day, one before noon and one after noon. From what I've said they can offer to buy from you for as little as 90 per turnip and as high as either 700 or 800. I try to get at least 200 so I can double my money, but that can definitely bite you in the ass.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only turnip prices I've seen since yesterday (the first day I would have been able to sell) were 77, 93, and 103. Something like that. I need to leave the fruit on my island alone for a few days. My trees are wiped out. I did manage to get to the bamboo island and grab some shoots to plant. Mostly I've been trying to farm sky eggs because I have two recipes I need to do and they apparently nerfed the drop rate.

We gotta set up some kind of communication for getting to each other's islands. I want some different fruit and some new catalog items.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you still need peaches it’s my native fruit. Just got my Switch and AC yesterday. Working from home so available a lot of the day. My wife started the game so she got apples as a present from a Mom letter but I haven’t been online yet to get anything else. How long til I can craft a shovel?

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the shovel comes pretty quick. I think I got peaches in my Mom letter but I squandered them because I didn't realize how hard it would be to grab more. And also cause it was, like, my second day playing or whatever and I didn't know all the ins-and-outs.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Out of boredom and the fact they never go on sale I bought the first Fighters Pack for Smash Bros and Mario Odyssey.

Terry Bogard was made for Smash Bros.

I really like the 2D sections of Odyssey.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Holy shit, what a price. Yeah I'll come in if you're still online

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thanks! Is it ok if I make multiple trips? Cause I have a LOT of turnips to sell

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is that what that is? I was trying to figure it out. Mine is Take on Me

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dan Marino jerseys if anyone interested:

GSmglPX.jpg

H45DQzM.jpg

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
My mom got me New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for my birthday. I already own it. She bought it off of Amazon and it's the Euro version because it has PEGI rating on it.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They need to add an N64 collection. My 64 looks like ass plugged into every TV I have.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
They need to add an N64 collection. My 64 looks like ass plugged into every TV I have.

I can't personally attest to how well it works because despite backing the Indiegogo last year I still haven't actually used mine, and you'd need a separate HDMI adapter for the N64, but the reviews I've seen have been really positive.

Reactions: SFH

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score

Which one will you play first?

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Which one will you play first?
Good question. I'll have to check that out.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those who have not seen it yet, Nintendo is pulling Mario 3D All-Stars from its shop today and has stopped production on physical copies. They are doing this to make the release more special as it was an anniversary release. I have one already that I got for myself but debating if I should get another one to hold onto for selling or trade fodder later. This is the release for Switch with Mario 64, Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I got it; as a collection piece I'm glad to have it. Gamewise, Sunshine is as bleh as I remember and Galaxy is fine but doesn't seem nearly as awesome as it did in the Wii's heyday. 64 is great, but if you have an N64 or an emulator, I feel like this collection is a safe skip. @Baby Shoes I do think your idea of a copy for resale or trade is very wise as this should almost certainly go up in value. The only caveat is they sold a shit ton of them in this limited window.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, these are always popular but first party Nintendo always seem to command some value.

I never had a GameCube so I never played Sunshine and I didn’t really use the Wii I had so I don’t recall playing Galaxy (but still own it). Highlight for me would definitely be going back to 64 which I rented a ton as a kid but never owned.

My buddy says he got it for his two little girls to play and of all of them they are hooked on the 64 one. He indicated that was probably their most played game and really were trying to wrap their head around him telling them that he played that as a kid.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
We old as hell! True story, all the kids in my neighborhood were planning on asking for PS1s in 96; one night in late November I played Mario 64 on a Blockbuster store display for like 15 minutes and that changed my mind then and there. Got the 64 and never looked back. Maybe the best multiplayer/party night system ever.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Or for sure. Never a better couch multiplayer than N64. I remember going over to someone’s place hooking up Xbox in multiple rooms for a Halo multiplayer but having four people on the console for so many of the classic N64 games was so mind blowing and awesome at the time.