Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nintendo Chatter v2

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-making-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-p-474844199

Nintendo just announced that it was developing a game set in the world of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

In Japan, the game is being called The Legend of Zelda: 神々のトライフォース 2 (Kamigami no Triforce, which was A Link to the Past in the English language localization). However, it doesn't yet have a title in the West, it seems.

The game will feature a new storyline and new dungeons. Link will also have the ability to turn into a drawing on the wall to make his way around corners.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
More info on the Super Luigi U DLC.
http://kotaku.com/new-super-luigi-u-dlc-coming-this-summer-474834474

So shorter levels with a shorter time, LOL Luigi.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that was one hell of a conference from Nintendo. Not much on the WiiU but damn if my 3DS doesn't have a shot of use coming in the future.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
OH SHIT Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons in the 3ds eshop May 30th. Nintendo might as well not even go to E3, whatever they show there can't top today.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I went in for Fire Emblem Awakening and MH3U as well. Also put in an order for the XL CPP from Nintendo's site. Goin' all in, baby! :)

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
FE: A is my current pick for handheld game of the year. I have close to 40 hours on my current file, which probably isn't much compared to others on the board, but I've NEVER sank that much time into a single handheld game.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I forgot how much I loved this series. Haven't played since the last game for Wii.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to check my activity log for my total time, but I know it passed the final fantasy music game for most played on my 3ds.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
Theaterhythm (sp?) is another game I really need to get a look at.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah Fire Emblem took the crown from Theatrhythm with 80 hours, 46 minutes to Theatrhythm's 64 hours, 55 minutes.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wii U Update tomorrow!

Loading times will be improved when switching between software or when returning to the Wii U menu.
The ability to copy and move data between USB drives will be added.
The Wii U will automatically install new software that you have downloaded in the background while playing a game.
Software updates will automatically be downloaded (even without starting the software).
You can immediately access Wii Mode while the Wii U is starting up if you hold the B button.
The Wii U will continue downloading and installing software even if the system is turned off.
The Wii U Virtual Console will be added the day after the update.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Tiger Style said:
Software updates will automatically be downloaded (even without starting the software).

That had better be configurable or I'm going to have to turn off the wifi when not using it.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Well 2/3 of the Big 3 have new hardware to show off, they'd get lost in the shuffle. Don't they do a lot of big reveals at the TGS in Japan now?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Joystiq:

Wii U sales may be struggling but Nintendo's download business is booming. As part of its financial briefing today, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed that the company's downloadable game sales surpassed ¥16 billion ($160.9 million), more than doubling sales of the previous year. Download sales also handily eclipsed the banner year of 2010, when "both the Wii and Nintendo DSi systems were actively used."

Iwata noted that the majority of Nintendo customers have taken their 3DS online. That includes 87 percent of users in Japan and 83 percent in America. Europe's connection rate is significantly lower at 57 percent. The Wii U, meanwhile, has an 80 percent connection rate worldwide.

Iwata also mentioned the surprising viewing habits for the company's Nintendo Direct presentations. For recent presentations, he said, "it became common to see total views for a single video reach five hundred to six hundred thousand in a matter of about 10 days on the Nintendo eShop while they did not show apparent growth on YouTube." In fact, it seems that the eShop is now the most popular source for Nintendo Direct, accounting for "approximately 60 to 70 percent" of total views. That might sound like a surprising statistic, especially given the immense presence of YouTube, but Iwata noted that the eShop appeals to viewers "who do not own their own PCs or smart devices."

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
Just noticed Kirby's Adventure is $.30 on Wii U VC. Don't mind if I do.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Out for a wikiwalk tonight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famicom_Modem

Famicom_Network_System.jpg

How about that.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Now you can have it again for play on your tablet. I'll be downloading it via the Famicom modem later.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
Can VC games be played on the WiiU controller pad while someone watches something else on TV?

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
Dumbass question time. If I hit the TV button, all I get is TV controls. What am I doing wrong?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nymyzys said:
Dumbass question time. If I hit the TV button, all I get is TV controls. What am I doing wrong?
lol - that is the tv remote... if you just want to play the VC game on your tablet, just boot up the Wii U via the tablet and launch it. Leave your TV on the other source (cable, etc).