Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nintendo Chatter v2

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Tiger Style said:
Nymyzys said:
Dumbass question time. If I hit the TV button, all I get is TV controls. What am I doing wrong?
lol - that is the tv remote... if you just want to play the VC game on your tablet, just boot up the Wii U via the tablet and launch it. Leave your TV on the other source (cable, etc).

Lmfao! Lets agree to never speak of this again. Its been a LONG day at work.

For some reason my brain was telling me if I change the channel, the controller screen will turn off.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Decent amount of Nintendo news this morning, nothing earth shattering but some things of note:
- During E3 week some future Wii U games will be playable at select Best Buy stores in the U.S. and Canada. So in theory it's what people get to play at E3, but nationwide.
- Super Luigi U drops August 25th. In addition to being a digital expansion to Mario U for $19.99, a stand alone disc version will be available for $29.99. Nabbit will be a playable character in multi-player mode.
- Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons hit the 3DS VC on May 30th. $5.99 each, $4.99 for a limited time when they come out.
- The next three Sonic games are Nintendo Exclusive and the first one is called Sonic: The Lost World and will be on Wii U and 3DS.
- Game Gear games coming to the 3DS VC -
- Columns
- Crystal Warrior
- Defenders of Oasis
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- G-LOC: Air Battles
- Shining Force II: The Sword of Hajya
- Sonic Blast
- Sonic Drift 2
- Sonic Labyrinth
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Tails Adventures
- Vampire: Master of Darkness

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I love it when Sega makes Nintendo exclusive games. I know it's been years but it is still neat. I'm a total Nintega shipper, guys.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Super Luigi U physical disc drops 8/25, but the downloadable version drops 6/20.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Apparently, despite a (from what I understand not that great) Sonic franchise existing for years on the Wii now, these Wii U games were big news on Yahoo!, who states "90s game star gets a surprising new home".

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah that is kind of bizarre for them to just be picking up on it now.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/who-needs-nintendo-fans-make-their-own-mario-bros-gam-512217737

This looks p. interesting. Might have to give this a go after getting done w/ Super Luigi U.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
LOL Kamiya:

MO0EwBQ.png

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I was done with Animal Crossing after I barely played the Wii one, but New Leaf is addicting again...for reasons I can't explain.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's the ultimate check in every so often game. I get up...I have to do stuff. At night before bed...I have to check in and do stuff.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I play it for maybe 45 minutes a day. I'm pissed that I lost my damn shirt on turnips last week. Fuckin bought em for 103 and had to resell them back on Saturday for 55. They never went over 104 the whole week!

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How does that work? Can anyone access stuff you put up for sale or just friends lists?

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I bet the people who put more than one quarter in a Donkey Kong machine thirty years ago are feeling pretty silly now

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On the other hand, those people didn't drop $300-$350 on a Wii U, so they're still way ahead.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Super Metroid actually looks really pretty on a 1080p HDTV with an HDMI cord. You wouldn't think it would make a big difference, but it does.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is worth buying the system for, IMO.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Earthbound is out on the Wii U eShop today for $10. The original player's guide is also available online and via the Wii U gamepad.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
The Wind Waker remake is going to cost $50 ;D ;D ;D ;D

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Zelda-Box-Set/dp/0804161380/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_z

What the shit? $108 for a box set of 6 Legend of Zelda...game guides. Where is the audience for this?

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
You'd be surprised at the people who will snatch that up. The OoT guide is apparently exclusive to the set, so by default, "collector's" will pounce on it.