Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nintendo Chatter v2

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Wow
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-17-wii-emulator-is-so-accurate-you-can-buy-games-from-the-wii-shop-channel

Staff member
Reaction score
Nintendo is no longer going to produce the NES Classic. What a dumb company.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
209 said:
Nintendo is no longer going to produce the NES Classic. What a dumb company.

I picked up one for me and one for my brother in the last week. Was shocked to see them in stock. They were going for $120ish on eBay lately. But since this news they're back over $200.

Ps. Super easy mod to add 600 games. Very cool. Now I just need to see if I can add master system games.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Yeah I put basically every NES game I was interested in on it....and haven't touched it in like two months. Nice to have, though.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've never seen a company so out of touch with their market.. Unreal. They should partner with WWE.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
When the thing was announced I assumed it was just to continue their streak of putting out a new piece of hardware every year, so discontinuing it now just affirms that theory for me.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Guess what you won't be able to find at Christmas this year:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-19-sources-nintendo-to-launch-snes-mini-this-year

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Debating ordering the Switch bundle coming out next month with Zelda+season pass, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and a 128gb microcard for $499...no word on new batch of non bundle Switch consoles coming and Zelda is a def buy for me and Mario Karts are usually fun so this looks like a good one...

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
CletusVanDamme said:
Debating ordering the Switch bundle coming out next month with Zelda+season pass, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and a 128gb microcard for $499...no word on new batch of non bundle Switch consoles coming and Zelda is a def buy for me and Mario Karts are usually fun so this looks like a good one...

So much for that, already sold out, this extremely limited release quantities is getting annoying...

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I'm not sure why they're having supply problems. They chose the launch date. It wasn't to beat a new Xbox or Playstation console.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Nintendo has always wanted to make a profit on every single console they sell, so they intentionally restrict their supply so that there aren't a whole bunch of systems sitting on shelves. If they put out millions of Switches on day one with (let's be honest) only one game worth playing they'd sell a lot, but it would probably dry up after a bit until more games come out. Here, they are keeping demand high by trickling systems out and pretty much guaranteeing they sell everything they put out for at least the next six months until Mario comes out and the holiday demand starts.

If they are still pulling this shit in November, then they've fucked up.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CletusVanDamme said:
CletusVanDamme said:

So much for that, already sold out, this extremely limited release quantities is getting annoying...

They're everywhere around here. The two people I know that have one just went to the store (gamestop and walmart) and picked one up with no trouble.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
I'm not sure why they're having supply problems. They chose the launch date. It wasn't to beat a new Xbox or Playstation console.

Launch timing might've been for the end of Nintendo's fiscal year. For as little as I understand that stuff.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Guess they either got more or had some cancellations so I put my order in, just realized this is the first console I've purchased since my PS3 like 10 years ago.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bit the bullet & bought a Switch from an Amazon seller for $383. Need to pick up Mario Kart after it shows up.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Um why? Nintendo still going to be shipping them for many years to come. You didn't need to buy it from a third party. I mean, it's your money.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Want to play Mario Kart, and Splatoon 2 comes out in July. Don't feel like trying to beat the online rush or finding a store with some in stock when the next re-stock is announced. I can live with spending an extra $70 over retail + tax.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Blasted Mario Kart. The thing is the bane of my existence.

Also, they fixed the hop boost so it no longer works. So hurray.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
200cc is way too big of an upgrade in everything in comparison to 150cc. Geezus.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, got my Switch. I seem to be having the left Joy Con issue, so I picked up a Pro Controller. Add me as a friend, Flik! Friend code is in the Online Gaming ID thread.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Spaceman Spiff said:
Oh, yeah, got my Switch. I seem to be having the left Joy Con issue, so I picked up a Pro Controller. Add me as a friend, Flik! Friend code is in the Online Gaming ID thread.

So my case of beer is off the table?