Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nintendo Chatter v2

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fucking hell, Monster Hunter XX is coming to the Switch. I guess I'm getting one of those now.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-details-switch-online-service-will-be-20-yea-1795743981

Nintendo Switch's online service will be launching in 2018 at a cost of $20/year. They will also offer 1-month subs for $4 and a 3-month sub for $8. Voice chat & online lobby features will be available through a smartphone app, a free limited version of which will be available for download this summer.

Nintendo adds that subscribers will get free versions of classic games with added online features, citing Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario as examples.

“Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will have ongoing access to a library of classic games with added online play. Users can play as many of the games as they want, as often as they like, as long as they have an active subscription.”

Nintendo adds: “Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will be able to play a wide variety of classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario. More games will be announced at a later date. At launch the classic game library will include NES games. Super NES games continue to be under consideration, but we have nothing further to announce at this time.”

It remains to be seen whether this classic service will replace Nintendo’s traditional Virtual Console, which allowed fans to buy old games on 3DS, Wii, and Wii U. When asked about the Virtual Console’s future, Nintendo offered: “We have nothing to announce on this topic.”

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bought a Switch. I think it'll just sit there for the most part until Splatoon comes out, but its the first time in months I've seen one in stores so I grabbed it.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So I sold my old OnePlus One (phone) for $200 and turned in a bunch of spare change I had from coffees, etc over the past few years, which came out to $245. Realized I had enough to get a Nintendo Switch. I found one BNIB with receipt on Kijiji and am now enjoying Breath of the Wild. So damn good. :D

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I've traded in about $400 worth of stuff to GameStop lately for Switch ammo. Just stuff that's been sitting around the house, unplayed, forever. Some decent trade value and a nice bump with trade promotions.

So when they get one in I plan on getting the switch. Mario kart. And an extra controller. I don't like the current bundle package.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Just thought of something...

super-mario-odyssey.jpg

LRrcJBi.png

BAH GAWD THE EVOLUTION OF MARIO THAT GAMEPRO PROMISED US IN '94 IS FINALLY COMING

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The snes classic went live on Walmart.com for preorder a bit ago. It's either sold out or the link is busted. I was able to get one, but looks like it was gone before I could make a post here about it.

Robert

Robert
Reaction score
I managed to get one because the link was posted on FAN, but people are getting their pre-orders cancelled because of the demand.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Japanese subway molester Shinju Omigawa said:
I managed to get one because the link was posted on FAN, but people are getting their pre-orders cancelled because of the demand.

I've heard. Hope it's not the case for mine. No email yet.

BorneAgain

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mine too. Kind of fucked up that we've gotten to the point where confirmed pre-orders are being canceled because Nintendo's plain clueless in regards to supply and demand of this thing.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Okay I'm going to ask some stupid basic questions. My son is just begging me for a Switch. I'm thinking about getting it for him for Christmas because they might have a bundle. But he just got a Wii U in July 2016. So I feel like I've wasted the Wii U. Oh well. I do have some questions about it though:

1) is it backwards compatible with Wii and Wii U games?

2) does it do Netflix and Hulu without having to pay for a Nintendo Online subscription?

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
No backwards compatibility.

As far as I know it doesn't have any streaming apps yet, at least not in America.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So I'd basically be buying it for him to play Switch games only?

Well I guess I could hook it up simultaneously with the Wii U so he can use that for streaming and old games.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
So I'd basically be buying it for him to play Switch games only?
There is no optical drive on the Switch, so it is definitely not bwc.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
SNES classic orders went live on Best Buy for a few minutes. Gone. I wasn't able to get one this round

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Nintendo is just flat out adorable with this stuff. I'll just try to get lucky on Amazon like I did with the NES.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://kotaku.com/nintendo-bringing-back-the-nes-classic-in-2018-1803771394

NES Classic coming back in 2018, and more SNES Classics to be shipped 9/29.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
So, there will be 5 additional NES's released into the wild, and there will be 22 SNES's instead of 20?

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I checked Brickseek around 8:20 today and it said my Target had 80 units in stock. I decided to go because I thought they wouldn't be all sold out. I went to a vacant electronics counter and the employee was on the phone with someone asking if they had it in stock. She told them that they were at the Customer Service desk. I headed there and they told me they were going move the cage with all the Classics to electronics section. There was a line forming behind me as they moved them from one end of the store to the other. I was the first to checkout at the counter.

;D