Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NJPW Super J Cup 2020

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For the only time in 2020, NJPW USA presents its own live PPV. Junior heavyweight stars of North America, from a VARIETY of promotions, compete in a one night tournament for the 2020 Super J Cup. Given how this pandemic has gone last month and how strict they've been, I'm kind of surprised NJPW is going ahead even with a fanless show but for all we know, this could have been taped months ago.

NJPW Super J Cup 2020
December 12th, 2020
Live (?) from Oceanville Pavillion in Port Hueneme, CA

Super J Cup Finals
TBD

Bullet Club (KENTA and Hikuleo) Vs Karl Fredericks and Ren Narita

Super J Cup Semi Finals Match
TBD Vs TBD

Super J Cup Semi Finals Match
TBD Vs TBD

Super J Cups First Round Match
El Phantasmo Vs Lio Rush

Rey Horus Vs Blake Christian

ACH Vs TJP

Clark Connors Vs Chris Bey

Like with the NJPW USA Cup, I think it's inevitable that the Bullet Club guy gets the win but I'm going to pick an upset and say Clark Connors makes it to the finals against the edgelord of the skies El Phantasmo.

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I can't see them doing a back to back winner here. They've been pushing Blake Christian hard, so I can see him vs ACH in the final with ACH getting the win.

Yay for the return of Ren Narita!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm pulling for ACH to win the cup and be a top juniors guy in Japan when gaijins are allowed to return in 2021 but even (especially?) during this year, I expect African-American wrestlers to get jobbed.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
That is my call on the winner too, ACH over Phantasmo in the finals. From what I gather, this will air live as it happens on World, I think. I would guess they maybe are back at the Oceanside Pavillion, but with California on a lockdown, maybe not? Hard to say, but Vegas would be another close by option. GCW did a show at the FSW arena this past weekend, so that MIGHT be the location for this one on Saturday. Unless they did in fact tape this in advance after all? Who knows though.

Saturday night is loaded in wrestling stuff.....this show runs not only against Impact Final Resolution but AAA TripleMania is going to be airing live on YouTube as well concurrently. Whew!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How long are the Impact Plus PPVs? Final Resolution starts at 8 PM EST/7 PM CST and this starts at 10 PM/9 PM CST so there's a chance that there won't be that much overlap. Impact show has 9 matches though so I have a hard time imagining them plowing through it in two hours since Russo hasn't worked there in years...

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
How long are the Impact Plus PPVs? Final Resolution starts at 8 PM EST/7 PM CST and this starts at 10 PM/9 PM CST so there's a chance that there won't be that much overlap. Impact show has 9 matches though so I have a hard time imagining them plowing through it in two hours since Russo hasn't worked there in years...

They tend to be about 3-3:30 hours or so. 9 matches will probably be about that length. This isn't one of their major shows, like a Slammiversary, so it might be more towards 3 hours.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anyone watch this? Reading results and it seems like it was fine but basically a souped up regular NJPW USA show. Besides whiffing on predicting Clark Connors making a run, I called finish.

I'm behind of regular Super J Cup and tag league so I'll probably watch those (and maybe the all women's show on IWTV that @Big Beard Booty Daddy went to) first

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I watched it last night. It was a solid show, but pretty much like you said, an extended NJPW US show. Blake Christian vs Horus was great, Chris vs ACH was very, very good, and I can't wait for them to run that back again (GCW?). I was hoping ELP wouldn't win, but once Hiromu said he wanted to face the winner of this, I have a feeling it would happen.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk if he has any interest but I feel like ACH would be a really good fit for Impact with them emphasizing their African American talent lately plus being really flexible towards guys going to Japan.