Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Nuts Redeemed: AEW in Fall 2021

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I do legit hope that MiSu hangs around or becomes a semi-regular or something because you could get some serious money out of a lot of matches. Can't tell you how into a MiSu/MJF feud I'd be.

Valeyard

Reaction score
OC needs way more to do, anyway.

Serious match I want fucking bad: MiSu vs Miro

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He should just be a permanent dark talent that is used in the Bobby Eaton spot to work new young talent and the occasional spot match with a veteran to have a good match.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So like Christian?

I will say that Johnny Gargano is a really good worker and really nice guy, who could probably benefit from being somewhere where he doesn't feel instinct to try and be HBK Jr. I kind of doubt that AEW is that place to avoid having that instinct!

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I think he stays. His wife is there, and I don't think he would be better used in AEW than in NXT. The report said WWE planning to start negotiations with him this fall so unless Tony loves him I doubt he goes.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He's a total Impact guy if he goes. Exactly the kind of guy they could fill in some cracks with up and down the card and has a name. Just thinking about him in AEW has him lost in the shuffle already. They need to make a play.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
In all fairness they want the wednesday before thanksgiving to always be in Chicago. That is why they're coming back.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they need to add at least one non-new signing to their posters and ads.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was gonna say that flyer design just seems to invite criticism from the whinier members of the IWC. You couldn't stick your own World Heavyweight Champion on there, Tone?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In all fairness they want the wednesday before thanksgiving to always be in Chicago. That is why they're coming back.
Which would be fine if they didn’t seem equally committed to doing a week of shows around All Out there every year as well.

Although to be fair, this year was probably more egregious because two weeks before that, they had Rampage at the United Center for Punk’s debut, and that was a one-shot deal.

Still, their touring schedule is odd sometimes. They will inundate some markets in a short time—back-to-back dates in Pittsburgh recently, multiple shows in NY/NJ, already going back to Miami in October—and other markets don’t even get a shot.

Dandy

Reaction score
When the second Dynamite ever was in Charleston, WV, they promised the hot crowd a future PPV there after the show. They haven’t been back there in the near two years since. Hopefully they are not doing that in other markets as well. Now that they are back to touring, they need to hit up these towns they have been in and a few they haven’t to keep or gain steam.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When the second Dynamite ever was in Charleston, WV, they promised the hot crowd a future PPV there after the show. They haven’t been back there in the near two years since. Hopefully they are not doing that in other markets as well. Now that they are back to touring, they need to hit up these towns they have been in and a few they haven’t to keep or gain steam.
They did the same thing after Dynamite went off the air here a couple years ago, too. And one of the guys even joked, “We only have 4 PPVs a year, we can’t keep doing this bit.” So yeah, I wouldn’t get your hopes up, especially when 2 of those 4 shows seem like they are already anchored to specific cities.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It just reminds me of when TNA would do house shows in the early 2010s and Jeremy Borash would be like "WOW! LEWISTON, MAINE! YOU'RE A GREAT AUDIENCE! TRULY A SPECIAL NIGHT! WE MIGHT HAVE TO HAVE BOUND FOR GLORY HERE NEXT YEAR!" at the end of shows.

Don't make promises that you can't keep. For all of its faults, WWE isn't promising future PPVs to house show audiences!

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I agree with alkeiper. Not interested in looking for gripes, especially when the covid situation is such an obvious explanation for why certain things aren't totally perfect right now. And the WWE has long had their own problems of killing off some of their own markets through terrible booking, false advertising, etc.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll take AEW (and TNA)'s occasional to consistent overpromising over WWE's consistent underdelivering tbh.