Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2020

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sure. An NXT thread. We're doing WarGames again. Why not? I'm sure Triple H is happy.

WWE NXT TakeOver: WarGames
December 6th, 2020
Live from the Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida

WarGames Match
Team Shotzi (Shotzi Blackheart (c), Ember Moon, Rhea Ripley, and Io Shirai) Vs Team Candice (Candice LeRae (c), Dakota Kai, Rachel Gonzalez, and Toni Storm)

WarGames Match
The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole (c), Roderick Strong, Kyle O'Reilly, and Bobby Fish) Vs Pat McAfee (c), Pete Dunne, Danny Burch, and Oney Lorcan

Triple Threat Match for the NXT North American Title
Leon Ruff (c) Vs Damian Priest Vs Johnny Gargano

Strap Match
Dexter Lumis Vs Cameron Grimes

Timothy Thatcher Vs Tomasso Ciampa

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The War Games matches look solid enough but nothing else interests me here. I guess I'll check out the WG on a stream sometime tomorrow.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im more interested in ciampa vs thatcher than the wargames. All of the nxt wargames matches are the same shit. 40+ minutes of spots, setting up for spots, and INTENSE STAREDOWNS between the teams before they all charge at each other to fight. They don't need to be anywhere near as long as they are or have half the spots they do. Having a shit ton of spots doesn't make a match brutal or intense.

I might watch this because there's literally nothing else to do until NBA starts and we're all trapped inside our houses right now but that would be about the only reason. Maybe I'll finish the couple of DG matches I have left instead.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I’m more interested in the women’s WarGames match, though it seems obvious the face team should win.

The triple threat North American could be fun and is set up so Ruff can get a flukey win but I’m curious where this is going because they’ve invested enough time in him where they need to flip the switch and legitimize him before the value of the title goes down.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Outside of the men's WarGames match, this looks like a fun show. Also, I've been loving the Women's WG promos set to Black Sabbath's "War Pigs." That's how you get a guy like me interested.

Last edited:

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've disliked all of the NXT War Games matches, but the women's one could be awesome unless it's layed out poorly. It has a great mix of personalities and styles. I'll probably watch this just because of boredom and the need to watch something to take my mind off irl things. I haven't watched a NXT Takeover in almost two years I believe.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
not blown away by the women's match but Io doing the Sasuke "bin over the head" dive off the top of the cage was fucking insane.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Wow, I made two predictions which ended up being trash. At least they finally revealed Austin Theory as Ghostface, which was the most blantantly obvious choice for a while now.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pat deserves a lot of credit for everything he did and if he were to become a regular wrestler I think he'd be great. That said I hated the match overall.

Only thing I dug really was the Triple Threat and they ruined that with all the Ghost Face shit and the (ugh) Austin Theory reveal.