Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NXT Two Point... Oh No What Are We Ever Going To Do???

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So I don't have cable/satellite TV anymore and I won't be able to watch but...

What could NXT actually do to differentiate itself and regain some fans?

Obviously, WWE isn't going to so much try to make it different as it is make it more of the same as Raw/SD, but WHAT IF...

So they want to showcase young, homegrown talent? Okay, cool. But if every match is super basic and botchy, it's not going to get anyone watching and it probably won't get anyone over. Speaking of that young, homegrown talent, is any of the four guys fighting for the belt tonight in that category? Heck, are there any men or women currently in the WWE system to be excited about that didn't come from somewhere else? I know that's hard to quantify because most of them are unknowns, but maybe THAT should be something they focus on. Sure, they have a billion people in the Performance Center, but tell me who they are. Give me a reason to give a shit about your young talent that doesn't involve debut squash matches.

Oh, and if one of those folks you focus on starts to get over in a way that isn't intentional, fuck it - push 'em. No more of this crap where you don't like how a person is getting a reaction and immediately bury them. And if you throw people out there and the crowd isn't into it, they can just disappear for a while. I'm not saying give everybody one chance and one chance only, but in this age of social media and instant feedback it should be obvious if something isn't working after a few weeks.

I like the mini-tournaments. Do more of those. Heck, do some round robin style tournaments with just three guys if you don't want to do an eight person one. Make the NA title into something that gets defended constantly, like twice a month at least. Maybe once a month a Raw or SD person can show up and do an open challenge. Or fucking vice versa. If an NXT talent is getting over, put them on Raw or SD for one night and see how a larger audience reacts. I'm not saying they have to win, but making people look good in defeat is part of wrestling. Use a loss (or a win) like that to propel a storyline on the show.

Do a MITB. Or do something that gets an NXT person into the regular MITB PPV match. Use more of your gimmicks besides ladders and War Games. FUCKING DAY GLO SPLAT HELL IN A CELL. Riddle can referee.

I only fear what would happen the day NXT would beat RAW or SD in the ratings.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It feels like if Nickelodeon ever had a studio wrestling show, this would been it.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I thought I had read reports that his name would be Rex Steiner but guess they got cold feet on using the Steiner name.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So we got Steiner Jr beating a No. 1 contender to open the show and now Beverly Jr in the title match itself? Does Jimmy Del Ray have a kid in NXT, too?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Brunette Mandy? Nooooo.

Reminds me when Kaitlyn became a brunette and was out of the company 3 months later. NOOOOOOOO.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ivy Nile was a semifinalist of the first season of the Titan Games. Can we get somebody from the Broken Skull Challenge or whatever, too? Didn't John Cena host a game show? Give them all a chance. Let them all beat Eli Drake.

Edit: Oh shit, one of the dudes Imperium beat was Bull Buchanan's kid. This show should just be called NXT Second Generation.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
The only thing that would save this show is if Michael C Hall showed up drugged Gargano, chopped him up and buried him at sea.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From reading recap of the show, it seems like they treated the wrestling equivalent of a broken leg by decapitating it. I'm not saying NXT 1.0 (Idk who pointed this out but shouldn't this be NXT 3.0, at least?) wasn't in need of a significant rebuild but doesn't seem like this was the way to go about doing it.

That wedding segment seemed like it was pretty funny tho tbh.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The best part of the wedding was the disgusted horror on Regal’s face.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh for some reason I thought it was Eddie Guerrero who peed on Big Show and it was like ‘03/‘04. Maybe Eddie slipped laxatives in Big Show’s dinner and he had to shit a bunch?

there was also Stone Cold pissing on a knocked out Arn Anderson in ‘02. But that was on RAW.

lot of pee based humor in that era. ‘00s nostalgia is in.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why CWM would make angry weeping noises over a piss angle on NXT 2.0?