Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NXT UK

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Anyone watching this?

I've been really behind on everything so I just watched Episode 1 right now. Thought it was a really well done first episode to highlight some of the guys known already and feature some new folks while also capping it off with a really fun Pete Dunne-Noam Dar main event.

Already four episodes in so I want to play some catchup but the debut episode is worth checking out for those who have not already.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Episode 2 was good too. Not as good as the first but similar build to start showcasing a variety of different talents. Ligero, Dakota Kai, Zack Gibson all got some spotlights with a solid Tyler Bate-Wolfgang main event.

Episode 3 is starting with Trent Seven so you know it has to be good.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
For those who haven't watched, can't emphasize enough how much I am enjoying the pacing and booking of the first few episodes. Definitely just another version of the current NXT product so guessing your feelings will be similar on the presentation but a different feel for the talent involved. Feel there is slightly more of that legitimate sports contest vibe like the Cruiserweight Classic had too. A little bit, just in the sense of how they are setting up the incoming belts and established tag guys working singles matches.

Episode 3 so far had the Trent Seven match, Flash Morgan Webster versus Mark Coffey, Danny Burch is in the ring now but the highlight to me so far was the teaser for Jinny. I tried to see if they loaded it to YouTube but sadly did not see it. Nothing for anyone to get overly hyped about or I will look crazy but I just thought it was one of those simple, effective ways to establish the character vignettes that worked well and felt fresh.

I like that almost all the talent is getting some promo time and video package as well, getting the audience familiar with the roster.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Noam Dar getting treated like 2013-14 Daniel Bryan where he is going toe to toe with the big dogs in the promotion but coming up short. I like Dar but somewhat interesting to see him used as this kind of face as I like him as the slimy heel like when he had ALICIA FAAWWWWXXXXXX.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The UK brand is going to have its own Takeover special on 1/13

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm going to try and check that out. I haven't been keeping up with NXT UK despite liking some of the talent (Jinny, Dar) so I'll check out their first big show.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Sabre said:
I’m seeing Jordan devlin at a OTT show next month. Might get him to sign my UK title cause I think he’s gonna win it at takeover.

But
the announced title match is Dunne defending against Joe Coffey

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Fans taking their shoes off for their displeasure of Zack Gibson will never fail to make me laugh but based on my recent experience with the smells at the last show I went to, I have no interest in seeing that chant live.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
Sabre said:
I’m seeing Jordan devlin at a OTT show next month. Might get him to sign my UK title cause I think he’s gonna win it at takeover.

But

eugh so what’s the point of having devlin going after him and wanting the belt in the recent promos.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Baby Shoes said:
Sabre said:

But

eugh so what’s the point of having devlin going after him and wanting the belt in the recent promos.
The shows airing now were taped in August so I'm guessing there's a title match airing between now and then.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
Fans taking their shoes off for their displeasure of Zack Gibson will never fail to make me laugh but based on my recent experience with the smells at the last show I went to, I have no interest in seeing that chant live.
Baby Shoes, are you jealous that I got to wait in line for the bathroom with a grumpy Zack Gibson (and also WALTER) at the Beyond/PROGRESS double header in Boston last year?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Depends, my dear Kamala, where was your shoe during this interaction?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
After the latest tapings, Takeover Blackpool has the following confirmed matches:

NXT UK Championship: Pete Dunne v. Joe Coffey

NXT UK Tag Team Championship: Moustache Mountain v. Grizzled Young Veterans

NXT UK Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley v. Toni Storm

No DQ: Eddie Dennis v. Dave Mastiff

Also likely to be added:

Travis Banks vs. Jordan Devlin

I'm ready

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
More beautiful titles unveiled

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrTM-QulvS1/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1nz9s17izh6zj

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
They taped some post-Takeover shows today but announced they are doing some NXT UK tapings in Phoenix over the Rumble weekend. That came to light because the match they announced is
Grizzled Young Vets defending their tag titles against Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch

I need to know if that taping is at Axxess or where so I can be present.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Remembering to watch last week's show which was the stuff filmed prior to Takeover:Blackpool. Heard really good stuff on the tag team main event.

Ligero opens versus Saxon Huxley. Along with a fun match, you get to hear some "Jesus Sucks" chants

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Jinny just looks and feels like a star to me. Hoping her and Toni Storm can propel themselves into stars like the Horsewomen did in NXT.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I'm a little behind but sounds like some interesting stuff surfaced from the new tapings this week.

NXT talent showed up
Kassius Ohno

Debuts by
Piper Niven (Viper) and Ilja Dragunov

And a match for the brand announced for NXT Takeover New York
Pete Dunne will defend his UK Championship against WALTER

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I feel very behind on these but made sure to watch this week as even without watching some of the build, I am excited for Dunne vs. WALTER at Takeover

This week is a pretty fun show - very nice debut by
Piper Niven
. Could be interesting if the first feud is what was teased.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Well so much for Taya using her name when she eventually makes her way to WWE. Taya Morrison it is, then!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I almost posted that the other day but I know this thread gets no activity and I had already posted about the women’s match for this week in the main thread.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I am behind on my viewing but apparently they did a story where Trent Seven made a push to meet the 205 weight limit and is challenging for the Cruiserweight title on today’s show

devlinsevencw.jpeg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Wanted to check out Devlin vs Seven from last week. Of course WWE Network is done now so I set up my Peacock this morning.

FKA Ben Carter was in opening match debuting his new name Nathan Frazier. Made a little more awkward by them trying to justify why his name radically changed without explaining anything.