Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NY Times: "Fuck You, Guy Fieri."

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey Meatball! was a good choice because their shit is right. A few other choices (Bloor Street Diner, Rosedale Diner) are questionable. Stockyards was a good one, easily the best bbq in town.

I'm just glad he didn't do Burgers Priest. Most overrated eatery in Toronto. I have quite a few restaraunt owners/chefs from some big name places that come into my bank and it seems that place is kinda that laughing stock of the culinary scene.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wondering if they were trying to avoid places Bourdain went to on the Layover (which included the aforementioned Burgers Priest and Caplanskys)

Also assuming that locations are also based on who is willing to shut down for a day or so to accomodate filming.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Do they even get that show in the US?

Caplansky's been on Dragon's Den at least twice as well. Maybe he's just a publicity whore.

Speaking of which, we got some Caplansky's delivered to us at work - brisket, grilled beef salami and turkey. Good stuff, but I think I like Switzer's better.

devo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/15/dining/restaurant-review-the-bistro-at-villard-michel-richard-in-midtown.html?ref=dining

This one isn't as devastating, but it's worth reading just for the below paragraph.

What Villard Michel Richard’s $28 fried chicken does to Southern cooking, its $40 veal cheek blanquette does to French. A classic blanquette is a gentle, reassuring white stew of sublimely tender veal. In this version, the veal cheeks had the dense, rubbery consistency of overcooked liver. Slithering around the meat was a terrifying sauce the color of jarred turkey gravy mixed with cigar ashes. If soldiers had killed Escoffier’s family in front of him and then forced him to make dinner, this is what he would have cooked.

damn

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
We ate at Guy's American Bar and Grill this week!! They've had five years to improve and....its not god awful but it's not good. My food was edible, but my wife's was not. And the table was covered with a thin piece of brown paper, covering the table cloth that was dirty, and there was an extra table setting that was unclean, as well as my wife's knife was clearly dirty.

And when we left it was pointed out to me that no one in the restaurant looked happy. It sounds like a joke but I looked around and it was true. The only ones in their smiling besides the staff were us, and that's because we were in on the joke.

Oh and to no surprise they tried to charge me for my free drink. Fuckers.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rashad Jones who runs my favourite BBQ place (Big Lee's Serious About BBQ in Ocala) is currently on his latest show Guy's Big Project trying to get a new Food Network show.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kahran Ramsus said:
Rashad Jones who runs my favourite BBQ place (Big Lee's Serious About BBQ in Ocala) is currently on his latest show Guy's Big Project trying to get a new Food Network show.

And he won! He's got a full series! I had no idea. I tried getting it out of him but he said if he blabbed to anybody it would violate the contract. The new show (Eat Sleep BBQ) is going to air Saturdays at 9PM.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
https://www.abc15.com/news/national/guy-fieri-s-restaurant-in-new-york-s-times-square-closes-its-doors

it's shutting down.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Surprised it lasted this long. Restaurants don't last long in Times Square but somehow Planet Hollywood is still there.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
guy-fieri-normal.jpg

i know it's photoshopped but I can dream.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
lirl that myspace sig, but if that date is correct than big Tim was wearing that after he lost his title LIRL

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/31/us/jose-andres-guy-fieri-california-wildfires-trnd/index.html?utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2018-08-01T11%3A30%3A10&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

good guy fieri

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that all of the food he uses for staging on the set of Guys Grocery Games gets donated to local shelters when filming wraps.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
damn you guys need to join the movement (in GTG)

let us ignore me overlooking that foldear when I saw this for the first time and say this was an attempt to spread the word of the one true savior

waiting for a college football thread so I can talk about THE OHIO STATE having their season in a newly anointed FLAVORTOWN

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah I read something about him recently that people are actually starting to warm up the guy after decades of bashing him. I still think he looks like a douche and I've certainly given him shit in the past but I've read nothing but praise for his humanitarian efforts which should be celebrated.