Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Official Coronavirus Release delay thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had posted in the Bond thread that the new film was being moved from April to November due to box office fears with Coronavirus as studios feel both Sonic has and Mulan will suffer in international release due to the virus.

Today it was announced Peter Rabbit 2 was delayed from an Easter/April release until August.

Disney has said despite these impacts they do not anticipate delaying the next Marvel film, Black Widow, from its May 1 release.

Use this thread for all Hollywood impacts and delays due to the virus.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Not delaying Black Widow seems like them continuing the trend of fucking with the character (not giving her her own toy and other issues in the past) but I hope the movie still crushes it.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Peter Rabbit 2 was probably going to bomb either way but no way will people want to see it in August.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A Quiet Place 2 has been delayed without a new date given

Fast & Furious 9 has been delayed til April 2021

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony has canceled.

I'll note it here since music folder is barely active and it's as much of a TV show as a music event. Fuck it.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Fast and the Furious 9 is delayed until 2021 because of COVID19.

Fuck this virus. I want see a car swing across a fucking ravine, god dammit!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's probably better long term. I know Fast 8 did worse domestically than 6 or 7 and with a movie every year there might be franchise fatigue. Now people will get more hyped and it will make more money.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Lovebirds has been delayed from April 3rd to an undetermined date.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
add Mulan, New Mutants and Antlers to the delay pile. No new dates given, just that they're going to try to keep them in 2020

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards have been canceled.

Little known fact that slime is made partially using an extract made out of bats.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel if we all just covered ourselves in the slime, people would be just fine

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
You might be onto something. Donkeylips is still kickin' around somewhere, isn't he?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/SixHundredBucks/status/1239330241807515648

GOD DAMMIT! THIS VIRUS HAS ALREADY TAKEN SO MUCH FROM US AND I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE!

I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL EVER FEEL RANDY AGAIN!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Universal is going to rent out the new Trolls movie on VOD due to the upcoming theatrical release being a problem now. They are additionally going to make recent release of The Invisible Man and The Hunt available too.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/universal-trolls-world-tour-the-hunt-invisible-man-coronavirus-1203535541/

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All Regal and AMC theaters are going to be closed across the country until further notice.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They shut down production of the new Paul Schrader film starring Oscar Isaac and Willem Dafoe due to a castmember being diagnosed with COVID. In very Paul Scharder-esque fashion, he sent out an angry press release about the "pussified producers" not giving him the opportunity to die on set.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The Friends reunion was set to film soon so that is now inevitably delayed like just about everything else

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/friends-reunion-special-hbo-max-delayed-coronavirus-1203538525/

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
fazzle said:
The Lovebirds has been delayed from April 3rd to an undetermined date.

The theatrical release has been cancelled and it'll be released straight to Netflix.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Wonder Woman 84 is pushed back to August.

Scoob!, the new CGI Scooby-Doo franchise reboot has been delayed indefinitely.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Morbius and Ghostbusters: After-Life are being moved from July to March 2021.

Uncharted was pushed back from March 2021 to October 2021

Marvel’s unannounced film listed as an October 2021 release has been delayed indefinitely.

Obviously many more to come but just saw something with all of these. I hadn’t realized Morbius was July but that and Ghostbusters are two that I would likely go to the theater for.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's cute how they still pretend like the Uncharted movie is a real thing that exists

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
fazzle said:
All Regal and AMC theaters are going to be closed across the country until further notice.

https://www.thewrap.com/amcs-credit-rating-downgraded-by-sp-with-recovery-unlikely/

So I guess they're just gonna go bankrupt? And get bought out? I can't imagine the whole chain shutting down but I also don't think the new owners would continue the $25~/month A-list program after spending billions on an acquisition, and I will never pay full price for a movie again, so either way I guess I won't be going to the theater anymore. Sucks!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The Candyman reboot has been pushed back three months to September 25.

MCU looks to have just shifted each film to next slot on their release calendar with Black Widow taking The Eternals spot in November, Eternals going to February 2021, Shang-Chi in May 2021, Dr. Strange in November 2021 and Thor in February 2022.

While Sony moved Morbius already, they’ve yet to do anything with the third Spider-man of the current franchise. Since filming is now delayed with the world as it is, I can’t see it still getting released in July ‘21 as initially announced.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The other interesting thing to read about are the shows that were set to end as there were some long running shows that were ending this year.

Modern Family had finished filming and the finale is this coming week but shows like Empire and Supernatural had not finished production.

Empire was about halfway filming the second to last episode before production ceased. Due to this they are cutting what would’ve been episode 19 and 20 and splicing some of the footage from 19 into 18, which is now the series finale. So they really want finish their story the way they planned.

On the flip side Supernatural, which has been going like 14 years on the CW now, just announced they will go back into production when this clears up the film the final few episodes to be treated as a second final season.

I didn’t watch either of those shows but they’ve both been on for some time and had some devoted fan bases, so interesting ways to see that play out.

OldSchoolWrestling

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Walking Dead season finale was supposed to be next week but that was the only show that wasn't finished so they are postponing that last episode until later this year.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All the these shows just need to hire WWE and they will finish their shows. Vince stumbles into another great business, what a genius.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER said:
fazzle said:

https://www.thewrap.com/amcs-credit-rating-downgraded-by-sp-with-recovery-unlikely/

So I guess they're just gonna go bankrupt? And get bought out? I can't imagine the whole chain shutting down but I also don't think the new owners would continue the $25~/month A-list program after spending billions on an acquisition, and I will never pay full price for a movie again, so either way I guess I won't be going to the theater anymore. Sucks!

https://twitter.com/rodimusprime/status/1247264196514983937

On a related note, I can't believe that it's taken me three weeks to realize that the one industry that's poised for the comeback of the millennium is the drive-in theater!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/dave-bautista-my-spy-amazon-prime-1234574765/

The theatrical release of Batista's "My Spy" is cancelled and will release to Amazon Prime.