Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Official Coronavirus Release delay thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Guess they are following suit with Disney putting Artemis Fowl on streaming. Disney talked about doing more so it will be interesting.

Don’t expect Big Dave’s movie to be very good but I was probably going to see it anyway, so this means I just see it sooner.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Springtime for Epic said:
fazzle said:
The Lovebirds has been delayed from April 3rd to an undetermined date.

The theatrical release has been cancelled and it'll be released straight to Netflix.

Now has a Netflix release date of May 22nd. Everyone get your bacon grease to the face ready.

Baby Shoes said:
The other interesting thing to read about are the shows that were set to end as there were some long running shows that were ending this year.

Modern Family had finished filming and the finale is this coming week but shows like Empire and Supernatural had not finished production.

Empire was about halfway filming the second to last episode before production ceased. Due to this they are cutting what would’ve been episode 19 and 20 and splicing some of the footage from 19 into 18, which is now the series finale. So they really want finish their story the way they planned.

On the flip side Supernatural, which has been going like 14 years on the CW now, just announced they will go back into production when this clears up the film the final few episodes to be treated as a second final season.

I didn’t watch either of those shows but they’ve both been on for some time and had some devoted fan bases, so interesting ways to see that play out.

The 100 was able to get their series finale filmed about a week before everything hit the fan, but I don't know if I'm the only person on this board that still watches it or not.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The Batman and Shazam 2, which were 2021 releases, got bumped a few months a piece. Interestingly enough, The Flash got bumped forward a month but that’s a 2022 release anyway.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Scoob! which supposed to start a new Scooby-Doo franchise and Hanna Barbara film universe is following suit with Trolls: World Tour and will go straight to $20 streaming rentals on May 15.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Did we mention that Judd Apatow's latest film is going straight to on-demand? Here's the trailer:

https://twitter.com/TheKingofSI/status/1258618384931053568

It actually looks good.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Replace Pete Davidson with literally anyone else and I could be into it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Greyhound is an upcoming World War II film starring Tom Hanks. Sony was giving it a theatrical release in March, which was delayed until May and then June. Now, Sony has taken it off its calendar and sold the film to Apple TV. No release date announced yet.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Tenet is now delayed indefinitely.

It was originally supposed to release this Friday when theaters were expected to reopen. It then got delayed until late July and again until mid-August before just shelving the entire thing for now. It's understandable considering no one knows when theaters will reopen now but Nolan was so determined to have this release in theaters so sucks for him and everyone involved.

Last edited:

Dandy

Reaction score
Just delay it until theaters are back when this thing is behind us in a couple of years. I’m not sure why he would want 10% of what he would normally get which is likely what would happen with the state of theaters right now. I want to see the movie but lots of people would rather have the theater experience and I am not paying $20 rentals on new movies like I did for Trolls 2 for my kids.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
New release date for Tenet is set for September 3rd. It's set to release "in select cities". Movie theaters are expected to be open in 80% of the country by then but who knows?

They just delayed opening of indoor movie theaters in Maine from today to August 21st. If we don't get a spike before then, I'm actually looking forward to rewatching some old movies in theaters. Summer without movies or baseball is just too GD weird.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bill & Ted Face The Music's limited release has actually been moved UP one week from September 4th to August 28th.

If any movie is going to get me to the theaters in the midst of a global pandemic, it's that. Bill & Ted movies are meant to be seen in theaters, preferably in a mall after smoking some Grandpa's Secret Stash and eating some greasy chain restaurant pizza.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Really happy with that news. Bill and & Ted and Tenet are the two films I'd be willing to see right away if theaters starts to reopen. No word on that in NYC yet but hoping for some sort of announcement soon.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AMC Theaters are going to charge .15 cents a ticket for their reopening date.

At least you'll only be paying 1918 prices when you die a 1918 death.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone find it fitting that the first movie back is Russell Crowe as an irrationally angry man inexplicably terrorizing a woman for no good reason. Unhinged might be the movie of 2020.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Theaters are staying closed in NYC for the time being so I'm on a mission to travel somewhere in the northeast to catch Bill & Ted. Any room in Maine for me @King Kamala ?

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It is showing at the drive in 20 minutes from my house next weekend.

Speaking of which, I am gonna see Blues Brothers at another drive in on Wednesday Night.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
While these movies are typically more entertaining with the spectacle of the big screen, I was hoping I’d get to see this soon when they first floated the streaming idea after the first delay in the summer. I had read a few weeks ago they were doing the limited theatrical run on Christmas and considering HBO Max in January, so I wonder what pushed them for the early release. Maybe to compete with holiday gift subscriptions with Disney+ putting out Pixar’s Soul on that day.

I’m also curious if we see news on the new Bond film. There was a rumor a few weeks back that a few streaming services were having a bidding war (I believe it was Apple and Amazon) but I know the studio was seeking a several hundred million price tag for it.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
What I'm more curious about with WW84 is if the 3D version has been officially dropped? I was hoping the limited theatrical run would showcase examples of a 3D version, but I'm thinking maybe not? Who knows but it wouldn't have shocked me if the 3D version is pulled completely. Maybe a Bluray 3D release will occur hopefully. DC movies, like Marvel ones, seem to have strong 3D

Minnesota is shutting down theaters for a month starting this Friday, so chances are slim we will even be back open here by Christmas. Hoping so but I can see the state doing another month of theaters completely closed if the numbers dont significantly go down with covid.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
First we had John Travolta playing Santa in credit card commercials and now Cruise is Captain Covid Cop.

What a spectacular attempt at a babyface turn by the Scientologists!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Hard to use the search function but

no6nbmvgir561.jpg

These guys haven’t aged.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Sony just shifted a handful of their films back again:

Cinderella
Peter Rabbit 2
Uncharted
Ghostbusters: After-life
Morbius

All shifted with Morbius now being pushed into 2022.