Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Oh. Canada. part 2

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/canadian-federal-election-polls-show-a-lead-for-trudeau-for-the-first-time-in-months

Still a long way to go and there's an endless number of things that can change but the fact the Conservatives have seemingly lost momentum is a positive development.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The man hunt for those murderers from BC has been pretty wild. They managed to get a decent ways before being identified and sought.

But I question the idea of trying to hide out in northern Manitoba. Not only is it a brutal terrain, but two 6’4” white boys are really going to stand out.

There’s been some unsubstantiated rumors that the locals in York Factory Cree Nation saw them, chased them into the bush and apprehended them.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/bodies-of-b-c-homicide-suspects-found-in-manitoba-wilderness-ending-country-wide-manhunt/wcm/4e4673c2-3c42-4075-9346-fb5bd91ea289?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR2MbHJty60ZnzIi4RJtQq_ZW4Q0jGRlXG3ybhqEE-xfJkxBJxZV90tB3nc#Echobox=1565205089

Ah shit, I told the guys in chat several days ago that my theory was these fuckheads had killed themselves somewhere out there and it looks like it might be right.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
xyayw831dfh31.jpg

'liberal bias'

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
what a fucking moron. Supposdly Time has been calling around confirming it since JUNE OR JULY. The Libs did nothing to try and own up to it before now. Fuck Justin. I'd do anything to stop a conservative government generally but god damn. What a piece of shit.

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
He also just admitted in an interview that when he was in High School, he also put on blackface and sang The Banana Boat song. I'm not a big fan of dredging up stuff people did as teenagers and holding it against them, but you'd think as the son of a former Prime Minister he'd have known that wasn't a great idea.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The high school if it was the only thing he did I'd cut him more slack maybe but the other was when he was 29 which come the fuck on lol. You know better.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://globalnews.ca/video/5923071/exclusive-video-shows-trudeau-in-blackface-in-third-instance-of-racist-makeup

Staff member
Reaction score
Called it when we were discussing this last night. What a fucking fool.

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude is refusing to answer questions about whether or not there are more even still. So there are definitely way more.

It's also not like people don't have the choice to vote NDP. Which is what they should do. When you have two parties led by racist morons it would seem that you don't vote for either of them.

Staff member
Reaction score
Also ah man the last one he's wearing a shirt with fucking bananas on it. Literally impossible to claim ignorance or anything other than straight out racism.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
Dude is refusing to answer questions about whether or not there are more even still. So there are definitely way more.

It's also not like people don't have the choice to vote NDP. Which is what they should do. When you have two parties led by racist morons it would seem that you don't vote for either of them.

Does a racist act automatically brand somebody as a racist individual for their entire life?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MULTIPLE racist acts. Including one when he was a full-grown adult at the age of 29 years old. Oh and the shit in India just a couple years ago which while not on the same level was also a terrible look and if he HAD learned anything from these previous acts he would have been especially sensitive to.

I get that he represents the best chane of keeping an even more loathsome figure out of government but that doesn't mean you can't call a spade a spade. Or in this case a racist a racist.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a racist act. Doing it was racist. I don't know if I'm sold on the idea that at his core as a human being Justin Trudeau is racist.

Staff member
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
It's a racist act. Doing it was racist. I don't know if I'm sold on the idea that at his core as a human being Justin Trudeau is racist.

I can get past it if it was one time. The other video with him in blackface wearing a banana shirt though, that’s mad racist. He also can’t say how many times he did this exactly, which is horrible.

Also, now that cwm brings up the India trip, I think we all know what he really wanted to do to cap off that costume, and him dressing in that costume is even more weird.

I guess I’m more surprised than anything that LPC voters aren’t flocking over to the NDP.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone is waiting to see if someone else will do it first. The reaction from everyone I know is basically "This is appalling, Justin is a POS. BUT...the NDP has never ever won and we can't let Scheer win."

So unless a bunch of people in polls show they're jumping to the NDP or it looks like the Conservatives will win a majority I don't know what is going to happen. It is a lot of hand-wringing.

I'll wait and see what the candidates in my actual riding are like considering last time the Liberals did such an amazing job of vetting they ran a dude who compared himself to Hitler. If that happens again I'll obviously vote NDP again for sure.

Staff member
Reaction score
cobainwasmurdered said:
Everyone is waiting to see if someone else will do it first. The reaction from everyone I know is basically "This is appalling, Justin is a POS. BUT...the NDP has never ever won and we can't let Scheer win."

So unless a bunch of people in polls show they're jumping to the NDP or it looks like the Conservatives will win a majority I don't know what is going to happen. It is a lot of hand-wringing.

I'll wait and see what the candidates in my actual riding are like considering last time the Liberals did such an amazing job of vetting they ran a dude who compared himself to Hitler. If that happens again I'll obviously vote NDP again for sure.

https://twitter.com/jenniferhollett/status/1174711244609265666

I think this kind of thing has a lot more to do with it than people want to admit. People don't take him seriously as a leader because they can't get past his race and religion.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
Firmino of the 909 said:

Does a racist act automatically brand somebody as a racist individual for their entire life?

Yes. In fact, I think all racists should sentenced to life in prison.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-blackface-racism-liberal-1.5292084

A former adviser in the Liberal government said he wasn't surprised by photos of Justin Trudeau in blackface makeup because he encountered racially insensitive behaviour while working in the upper ranks of his government.

"I basically had to leave my dream job because of racist prejudices that went unacknowledged."

Aziz said that while he worked in the department, he heard staffers referring to certain communities as "ethnic vote banks." He said he was assigned to "brown files" in the department — files dealing with non-white-majority countries — and said he was subjected to "whitesplaining" by colleagues who assumed he wasn't aware of certain cultural nuances because of his skin colour.

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:

The problem with the NDP is that as a political party, they really tend to get in their own way.

For example, I was reading recently that for this Federal election, the NDP is running the fewest amount of candidates they ever have in the entire party's history, because they have been so disorganized under Singh's leadership that they simply weren't ready in time when the election was called, even though they knew it was coming. By this past spring, 12 current NDP Members of Parliament had announced they would not be running for reelection. For a party that was only holding 40 seats, that's a big damn chunk of your experienced candidates that won't be running again, and that's not good...especially if you don't have anybody qualified ready to take over for them.

Look at New Brunswick for example. 80% of the NDP candidates there quit the party en masse and announced their intention to run for the Green Party. Why? Because they were tired of the lack of attention from the Federal party - and they pointed out that Jagmeet Singh hasn't even visited the province in over two years. We all know how well a candidate pretty much ignoring part of the country worked for Hillary Clinton when she did it. Now the NDP is scrambling to try and find replacement candidates to run in that province, and in a lot of cases they won't be running any candidates at all. Hard to win an election or even win the opposition when you aren't running candidates.

More than any other Canadian political party, the NDP always seems to be suffering from internal dissension and an identity crisis in their ranks. How often have we heard about the NDP grass roots or rank and file members claiming that the party has abandoned their true left wing roots, and are becoming too centrist? Rumors of demands for a leadership review seem to surface far too often within the NDP, both Federally and here on the Provincial level. From my perspective, the last time the NDP seemed truly unified was when Jack Layton was leader. As we speak there is currently a loud and disruptive group of NDP supporters who are vocally questioning Singh's leadership ability and have labelled him "The Rebel Without A Clue." It's bad enough that some people won't vote for Singh for racist reasons, it's almost worse that he is being ham-stringed and sabotaged from within his own party. In some ways it looks like the NDP grass roots are setting him up to fail. It doesn't help that the Green Party of Canada is siphoning away votes and potential candidates and weakening the support from the far left. The NDP needs all the support they can get, and I don't think the Greens are helping them any.

The other problem is Jagmeet Singh appears to be having a lot of challenges as the leader of the party. I am not criticizing him as a person at all. In fact, I think that Jagmeet Singh is the most honest and sincere of all the leaders currently running in the Federal election. I do believe he means what he says and he has the most personal integrity of all the Federal Party leaders. However, I think he has surrounded himself with some inept advisors. There has been more than one occasion where I've seen Singh caught flat footed when questioned about something in an interview or media scrum. This is not his fault. He needs experienced advisors to brief him, and I don't think he has any. The way the Christine Moore and Erin Weir scandals were handled didn't help him, nor did his very public battle with the governing New Democrats in Alberta over pipelines, or the public dispute with Saskatchewan Federal New Democrats over the handling of the aforementioned Weir scandal.

The final problem with Jagmeet Singh and the Federal NDP is that they really delayed issuing their platform and policies to the public, or were really vague and non-committal when they did. It took forever for the NDP to publicly take a position on carbon pricing, which is going to be a big issue for a lot of voters and you'd assume would be a no-brainer for the NDP. Jagmeet Singh has gone on record opposing pipelines but he has flip-flopped on Natural Gas pipelines and his literally given two different answers at different times when asked about the issue. Like I said, he needs experienced advisors.

Aside from the fact that I don't agree with some of their core policies, I could never see myself voting NDP because the party seems to be in disarray and rife with internal dissension a good deal of the time. They are poorly managed and disorganized, unclear on even their own policies. If they can't organize or govern themselves how can anybody expect them to govern the country? I don't like Andrew Scheer at all, he's managed to make himself unpalatable to both sides of the political spectrum, which is quite the accomplishment, when you think about it. But I'm not going to vote for somebody like Singh purely on the basis that he isn't Scheer.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good detailed answer about the problems with the NDP. I also agree Jagmeet as a person is the best of the candidates. The NDP is a total clusterfuck though. Jack Layton dying ruined the party and it is a testament to the man he managed to get them so close to forming government.

I don't agree with the NDP on a number of things but I don't with any of the parties and Scheer and the conservative are far and away the worst (excluding Bernier who shouldn't even be in the debates) so I'd absolutely vote NDP.

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
cobainwasmurdered said:
Jack Layton dying ruined the party and it is a testament to the man he managed to get them so close to forming government.

I didn't agree with quite a few of Jack Layton's political positions, but he was a man who came across is very genuine and sincere. You could tell he actually cared about Canada, he cared about Canadians and he believed in what he said. You're right CWM, his death really was a blow from which the NDP has never recovered, and may never recover. I don't usually like to speculate "what if" but I honestly believe if Jack Layton had lived, the Canadian political scene would look much different today. In fact, if he had led the NDP in 2015, we might very well have been spared Justin Trudeau.