Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Super Mario Land

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster

My cousins had Mario 2 at the farm, so I definitely have a real soft spot for it and enjoy playing it to this day. Mario 3 of course was MIND BLOWING. Storage for your items, warp whistles, mini games, etc. Mario World is possibly the one I have spent the most hours playing.

Land is fun, but primitive, Six Golden Coins is downright awesome in comparison.

SFH

Integral Poster
I like Mario 3 enough to pretty much play it anytime I'm in a funk, it brings me out. If I'm drunk, Mario 3 is a good barometer of how far gone I am. If I can't make it past 1-6 then I don't need to be operating machinery. I've got the logo for the game tattooed on my arm. I have 3 copies of the game. One CIB, one for playing, and the one I got for Christmas the year it came out.

Mario 2 I borrowed from a pal in elementary school...and it never actually made its way back to him. Fun game, never beat it unassisted though.

Super Mario Brothers i have never beat. 8-4, even with a walkthrough in front of me, is still my achilles heel.

All the love in the world for Super Mario World, SNES, my 2nd favorite of the games.

I never got too into Mario 64, didn't own a game cube and by the time I got a Wii my gaming was limited to weekly guitar hero parties at a friend's house. On the switch we have a bunch of the Mario games already released but I'm never home to fool with them.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
World is the only one I never owned as a kid (we didn't have a SNES), so I have the least amount of time with it. Every time I've started playing it as an adult, I don't get very far for whatever reason.

Mario Land 2 is probably the one I've played the most, the reason the D-pad on my Game Boy wore out. I also have a soft spot for the first Mario Land, but even as a kid, it didn't feel like a "real" Mario game.

The NES games, I'll play from time to time, usually just for a few minutes here and there, but I played them quite a bit as a kid as well.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
I was a World kid playing it on SNES and am now a World man as I play it on my original DS. I've 100%-ed it several times. Mario 3 is a fantastic game, but the Yoshi addition on SMW was a game-changer for me.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
It's so hard between World, 3, and 1. Nostalgia might cloud me on 1 but it's such a fun and easy to play game. It's so easy to get sucked back in. I really like 2 a lot despite the oddness. It's still very fun and challenging at times.

I think overall World wins out cause there's much more depth and like MFer said Yoshi added a new dimension.

Last edited:

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
From the list, I'm going to say World. I love 3 but it gets damn near impossible towards the end. There's more variety in World and the difficulty level never goes off the rails. 2 is universally disliked but I think it gets a bad rep. I like that it was at least trying for something different (yes, I know it was supposed to be completely different before modeling it as a Super Mario game).

I've been meaning to revisit the GB games.

Last edited:

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone play The Lost Levels? It was in the Super Mario All-Stars package and was supposed to be the real Mario 2 (correct me if I'm wrong). I didn't play that game often, so I can't say for sure how legit the difficulty was.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
I usually ended up quitting Lost Levels by World 2 or 3. You have to basically time everything perfectly to do anything.

SFH

Integral Poster
Been randomly picking at Lost Levels on the Switch app and holy fuck it is hard. I rage quit around world 3 as well.