Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

My cousins had Mario 2 at the farm, so I definitely have a real soft spot for it and enjoy playing it to this day. Mario 3 of course was MIND BLOWING. Storage for your items, warp whistles, mini games, etc. Mario World is possibly the one I have spent the most hours playing.

Land is fun, but primitive, Six Golden Coins is downright awesome in comparison.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like Mario 3 enough to pretty much play it anytime I'm in a funk, it brings me out. If I'm drunk, Mario 3 is a good barometer of how far gone I am. If I can't make it past 1-6 then I don't need to be operating machinery. I've got the logo for the game tattooed on my arm. I have 3 copies of the game. One CIB, one for playing, and the one I got for Christmas the year it came out.

Mario 2 I borrowed from a pal in elementary school...and it never actually made its way back to him. Fun game, never beat it unassisted though.

Super Mario Brothers i have never beat. 8-4, even with a walkthrough in front of me, is still my achilles heel.

All the love in the world for Super Mario World, SNES, my 2nd favorite of the games.

I never got too into Mario 64, didn't own a game cube and by the time I got a Wii my gaming was limited to weekly guitar hero parties at a friend's house. On the switch we have a bunch of the Mario games already released but I'm never home to fool with them.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
World is the only one I never owned as a kid (we didn't have a SNES), so I have the least amount of time with it. Every time I've started playing it as an adult, I don't get very far for whatever reason.

Mario Land 2 is probably the one I've played the most, the reason the D-pad on my Game Boy wore out. I also have a soft spot for the first Mario Land, but even as a kid, it didn't feel like a "real" Mario game.

The NES games, I'll play from time to time, usually just for a few minutes here and there, but I played them quite a bit as a kid as well.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was a World kid playing it on SNES and am now a World man as I play it on my original DS. I've 100%-ed it several times. Mario 3 is a fantastic game, but the Yoshi addition on SMW was a game-changer for me.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Really sweated, but picked World over 3.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's so hard between World, 3, and 1. Nostalgia might cloud me on 1 but it's such a fun and easy to play game. It's so easy to get sucked back in. I really like 2 a lot despite the oddness. It's still very fun and challenging at times.

I think overall World wins out cause there's much more depth and like MFer said Yoshi added a new dimension.

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
From the list, I'm going to say World. I love 3 but it gets damn near impossible towards the end. There's more variety in World and the difficulty level never goes off the rails. 2 is universally disliked but I think it gets a bad rep. I like that it was at least trying for something different (yes, I know it was supposed to be completely different before modeling it as a Super Mario game).

I've been meaning to revisit the GB games.

Last edited:

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did anyone play The Lost Levels? It was in the Super Mario All-Stars package and was supposed to be the real Mario 2 (correct me if I'm wrong). I didn't play that game often, so I can't say for sure how legit the difficulty was.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I usually ended up quitting Lost Levels by World 2 or 3. You have to basically time everything perfectly to do anything.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Been randomly picking at Lost Levels on the Switch app and holy fuck it is hard. I rage quit around world 3 as well.