Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Old Video Games That Should Get A Remake

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ChrisMWaters said:
Kid Icarus

There's a very Kid Icarus-like game (going so far is being titled Icarian I believe) coming out on Wii Ware this year.

Skywarp!

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Atari 2600's "Solaris" might be cool with an update. Or we could bring up one of gaming's inexplicably unobtainable goals: making a Superman game that doesn't suck.

luke-o

www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
Reaction score
I'd like to see another Parappa The Rappa. That game was all kinds of awesome that the 2nd one and Um Jamma Lamy never really captured.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a Minesweeper remake on x-box live. I downloaded the demo but never actually played it, I'm sure it's not worth whatever they're charging for it.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
cover.jpg

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yes because we need to be able to dodge shifty eyed promoters in 3-d.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This topic seems to come up every year, and every year I have the same answer: Bionic Commando. Imagine doing some sort of 3-D remake where you can swing around Spiderman stylez. Plus, taking on resurrected Hitler.

Also, I've long thought that the Shadowrun series could be well adapted into an action/RPG crossover. NOT like the crappy X-Box shooter. I mean, that bizarre world would be well suited to something that looks like Grand Theft Auto and Elder Scrolls had a kid together.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Blaster Master, Crystalis, Clash at Demonhead, Double Dragon, Adventure Island.. I can name plenty.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Jingus said:
This topic seems to come up every year, and every year I have the same answer: Bionic Commando. Imagine doing some sort of 3-D remake where you can swing around Spiderman stylez. Plus, taking on resurrected Hitler.

Much like I did with the Splatterhouse post, I have to answer your post by pointing out they did a 2D remake in August 2008 and the full-on 3D version is due out soon according to an e-mail MS sent me (May 19th, it seems).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionic_Commando_(2009_video_game)

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DrVenkman PhD said:
Jingus said:

Much like I did with the Splatterhouse post, I have to answer your post by pointing out they did a 2D remake in August 2009 and the full-on 3D version is due out soon according to an e-mail MS sent me (May 19th, it seems).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionic_Commando_(2009_video_game)

great_scott_400.png

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Sign me up for NES platformer, Power Blade. I played this game to fucking death when I was a kid, and I think it'd make a fun action game even by today's stands. Guy on the box bears more than a passing resemblence to Ahnuld.

Power%20Blade%201.jpg

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
FFVII doesn't need a re-make, as it still holds up just fine. But I wouldn't complain if it got one.

Black Lushus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Here's an easy one: No Mercy, updated roster, added match types, move sets, etc. They can keep the graphics, as far as I'm concerned.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
For me wrestling games died with the N64. WCW vs. nWo, Revenge, WM2000, No Mercy...they don't make those anymore, do they?

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I don't think a SimCity game has been released for anything since the Super Nintendo. Give me that, and keep any kind of Sims-like influence away. I want a game about running a damn city, not that crap.

BorneAgain

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pretty much ever Disney game on the Genesis pre-95.

The NES Disney games too now that I think about it. (Barring Mickey Mousecapade)