Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Only Murders in the Building

Dandy

Reaction score
You should check out this new show on Hulu. Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez are the leads. There are some other notable actors and actresses.

The premise is three true crime aficionados that live in the same building in NYC and decide to investigate something that happens where they live. A combination of humor and a whodunit.

The first three episodes of the eight dropped yesterday and they are quick watches.

Dandy

Reaction score
Episode four is up on Hulu. You guys need to get in on this. It does appear there are actually going to be 10 episodes instead of eight as I mentioned above.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
We watched the first episode yesterday. Not a terrible start. We'll probably finish it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Guys, let's all pull together and watch this. That poor Steve Martin needs to add to his art collection!

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like it. Martin and Short tend to annoy me usually, but I like them well enough here.

Reaction score
Season two filming is underway for the one and a half of you that care.

I care! Missed this thread.

I'm surprised they're doing another season, but looking forward to it. Everything Martin Short said made me laugh, and the three have great chemistry.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the show quite a bit. But, man, Selena Gomez is a terrible actress, no?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tbf, Martin Short and Steve Martin are tough people to stand toe to toe against. She hasn’t been that challenged on a set since working with Daddy Jeff.

Dandy

Reaction score
Also, she has lupus and it drastically affected her weight; facial appearance; voice; and even facial expressions with the smile and such. It was similar to Jim Ross with Bell’s Palsy as I understood it. Her tone is more monotone now and facial expressions kind of lacking. She had to have a kidney transplant and chemotherapy.

#CancelTeckopAnatolovich

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Second season is pretty good, no?