Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Paragon Pro Wrestling in 2016: See the TNA Lower Midcard of 2013...TODAY!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Solid episode this week. Darin Corbin, with new music and a "I don't give a crap about anyone else" attitude beat newcomer Jacob Austin Young, who wrestles in Fully Loaded Wrestling with Corbin.

Mikey O'Shea vs Greg Romero, again. Seems like if Romero isn't going against Anthony Green, he's going against Mikey O'Shea. I love how Romero has his 8 ball and hits it against the stairs to let us know it's real. It's played up like a big thing, and they even say he's won his share of matches using it. He hasn't won a match in a long time, and never while using the ball.

The main event saw Jessy Sorenson and Wes Brisco taking on Donovan and Konely in a 2 out of 3 falls match for the titles. The faces won the titles 2 falls to none.

Last week I tweeted about the huge 8 man tag that started the show. Wes was in the match and Gerald Brisco liked and retweeted what I said. I marked out to that.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Am I the only still watching this? They seemed to have done a bit of a reboot in a sense. Darin Corbin lost in the American Title tourney to Royce Issacs and he then turned on Pat Kelly becoming a heel again. Jessy Sorenson and Wes Brisco are the Tag Champs, and Alex Chamberlain is owning as the Heavyweight Champion. They appear to have cut the roster down to about a dozen guys with not much filler. It's pretty solid.

If you have an iPad, download the Fite app, and you can watch it on Roku.

I've become Facebook friends with a number of the guys, and interact with most of them. Wes Brisco and I go back and forth on Twitter from time to time, and Dory Funk, Jr. liked one of my Tweets to Wes.

Also, follow Fully Loaded Wrestling, also found on Fite. It has a few of the same wrestlers, Corbin, The Whirlwind Gentlemen, Jakob Austin Young (who recently joined PPW), and others. They tape from the lobby of a Vegas hotel or on a skating rink. Yes, those are where they tape from because they are more indie than PPW.

Oh, and Brian Hebner worked their last tapings.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Oh, and there is this:

13557950_10157169852245457_5513340578796984698_n.jpg

Yup, got a PPW shirt.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
0516PPW44-Edit_1024x1024.jpg

$12.95 for a PPW fanny pack seems like a pretty good deal.

Rude Boy Riley was announced for a local indy show (promotion that Anthony Greene works for too) so I might not get PPW on TV but I can see some of the stars up close this summer, I guess!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anthony Greene is teaming with D Lo Brown in a random ass tag team gauntlet match at the big indy card at the Lowell Spinners (A affiliate of Boston Red Sox) ballpark tomorrow night.

WHAT A DREAM TEAM!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Am I the only one still watching it? I'm loving it. They got a new entrance, guardrails, and they scaled down the roster and got some solid new talent. Heading in a nice direction. Royce Isaacs has been great as American Champion, Alex Chamberlain is a great Heavyweight Champ, and Wes and Jessie are Tag Champs. Haven't really had a lot of title defenses recently, but they have fun backstage segments. And Mikey O'Shea showed up on Smackdown a few weeks back against American Alpha.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PPW announced that they're going to be doing a PPV in December.

Time for that TSM Vegas Road Trip!?

Also during the announcement, they said they were uploading 12 full episodes of the show onto YouTube so now maybe it won't just be Detective Ventriloquist watching the show

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Keepers of the Faith on PPV would be awesome. That said, I can't imagine them making money off of it

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
It'll probably be through the Fite app, and not be very much. Probably not expecting to make a huge dent, but just to get some sort of publicity out of it.

As long as it's not $30, I'll be getting it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. This has to be an iPPV. What kind of indy promotion would decide to start running legit PPVs in 2016?

I mean if any promotion would do it, it'd be Paragon but I doubt even they would!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DV, did anything ever happen with that Paragon Pro Wrestling PPV?

Is Paragon still a thing? I would bring it up to Rude Boy Riley or Anthony Greene next time I see them on an indy show but I don't really want to ask them about PPW.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
DV, did anything ever happen with that Paragon Pro Wrestling PPV?

Is Paragon still a thing? I would bring it up to Rude Boy Riley or Anthony Greene next time I see them on an indy show but I don't really want to ask them about PPW.

Nothing about the PPV, but I was talking to Alex Chamberlain and they are going to start filming again in February. If you can get a hold of West Cost Wrestling Connection on Fite or YouTube, they have pretty much the same roster as PPW. Then there's Fully Loaded Wrestling (I've become friends with the guys that own it) use Corbin, the Whirlwind Gentlemen, and others from PPW. And Future Stars of Wrestling (who only are on the Fite app).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Limitless Wrestling just announced that Rude Boy Riley is gonna be showing up to do an open challenge at show I'm going to on Friday. Made me think of this thread. Miss you, guys.

Also last time he showed up in Limitless, he made an old hillbilly woman leave by twerking at her. Hope we get the same level of excitement Friday night at the Westbrook Armory.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baron & Darin Corbin as a tag team would be the IRL version of that episode of The Simpsons where they had to rescue the lemon tree from Shelbyville and Nelson & Martin teamed up.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
So, a while back in this thread, I mention that I follow another fed, Fully Loaded Wrestling, where Darin Corbin and The Whirlwind Gentlemen are regulars. I've become friends with the owners on Facebook. Well, I've just been offered a job or sorts with the company. I currently write a column about indy wrestling (mainly lesser known guys and companies), and one of the owners of FLW wants me to write weekly reviews of their show for their website.. It's unpaid (for now), but I'm stoked.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Congrats, man! Start posting links when stuff goes up so we can check it out.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Just saw thst all of Paragon Pro Wrestling is still available for free on Fite TV if you want to relive the memories, @Baby Shoes .

I was thinking about going back for a rewatch, skipping convicted pedophile Rude Boy Reilley's matches. I still keep in touch with many guys there, Darin Corbin and his wife have become pretty good friends of mine. I own his ring worn tights that he won the American Championship in. They are proudly framed and displayed in my apartment.

A few weeks back Anthony Greene was on 205, and he posted a gif of it. He was wearing his Saved by the Bell tights that he wore during his PPW run. That was a fun bit that popped me when I saw it.