Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

People wearing random ass fan gear

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
So, a few weeks back I was walking down the street and saw some dude wearing an old Sam Cassell Bucks jersey. Much respect there.

Today, I was driving in and did a double take because a guy at a bus stop was rocking a TIM COUCH Browns jersey.

It was awesome.

I've seen a few random ass ones here, hell, I've done them myself, like when I confused the hell out of someone with my Johan Petro Sonics jersey. Let's post in this thread when you spot a jersey or fan gear that makes you do a double take in public.

Reaction score
Good thread. I'm sure I've seen a bunch but I can't think of any off the top of my head right now. I'll keep a look out.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw someone wearing a Manny Ramirez Rays shirsey at the grocery store once.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw a guy wearing a Starbury Knicks jersey at Walmart a few years ago and a dude at my gym wears a Ray Allen Heat jersey often, but other than that it's just usually Chicago merch.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
treble said:
Saw someone wearing a Manny Ramirez Rays shirsey at the grocery store once.

I would've given that man money on that spot for that.

I ordered one myself the other day. I had about $7 in eBay bucks that were expiring. Was browsing and found a stitched Kris Humphries Celtics jersey. Got it for $8 shipped 8)

I probably should post my own weird collection here but the Couch guy made me happy.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
The Terminator said:

Speaking of which, I just got this:
CaUdy1BVIAAJqP7.jpg

It's a Chad Smith A's jersey. I got it cause I like the gold and the green.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm a big Donavan McNabb fan. I'm a Syracuse fan my entire life, and his time there was great. I wanted to own his jersey, but being a Giants fan I refuse to own anything Philadelphia related. I bought his Vikings jersey. I own a lot of jerseys and there are a bunch of random ones.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I pointed this out in a thread years ago, but to this day, almost every time I go down to the mall in Indy, I see someone in a Penny Hardaway jersey.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
So I was texting my buddy about this stuff today and we were going back and forth.

He is a Knicks fan so we were going to get him a Steve Francis Knicks jersey or something. Just found and talked him into buying a Metta World Peace Knicks jersey. And he did. Proud of him.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I remember during the Summer of Q-Rich (the one where he got traded four times, including the trade that sent Z-Bo to the Grizz), a fan on the comments section of ESPN lamented that he had just gotten his Q-Rich jersey after one of his trades.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I own a game worn Worcester Tornadoes jersey. That's the defunct Canadian-American Association of Professional Baseball (NOT AFFILIATED WITH MLB) league team that Jose Canseco bankrupted.

That's probably most notable one. I used to be a huge jersey geek. Now I just have a Shaq Magic jersey that doesn't fit and generic Vancouver Grizzlies and Boston Celtics '90s throwback Mitchell & Ness jerseys. My favorite all time jersey that I had was a Andrei Kirlenko Utah Jazz jersey from one of his early seasons when the Jazz still had their goofy ass purple jerseys from the late '90s with the cartoony mountain scene. I also had a Gilbert Arenas Wizards jersey that was a throwback in the style of an orange & black Baltimore Bullets jersey though that ones probably tainted by him being a huge sack of shit. Or it's added value to it. Dunno.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
alfdogg said:
I remember during the Summer of Q-Rich (the one where he got traded four times, including the trade that sent Z-Bo to the Grizz), a fan on the comments section of ESPN lamented that he had just gotten his Q-Rich jersey after one of his trades.

Just like guy who went out and got the Deandre Mavericks jersey!

I know someone did offer exchanges to everyone who got the Wiggins Cavs jersey

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
awesome thread

I've rocked my Willy Aybar jersey (SMUES!) a couple times in public and got some really strange looks from people, but nobody asked questions :D

I haven't seen a good random one in a while where I'm at. I've got a KOBE BRYANT jersey tho, reminds me I need to rock that sooner than later in honour of his pending death. I shall create randomness

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I also have an A-Rod jersey which at the very height of the controversy I proudly wore several times just to see how people would react. Like, I literally was expecting and inviting a fight....be it verbal or physical

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We had a "Wear a Sports Jersey to Work" day at work today because...uh, I guess it's Friday before Super Bowl but no one dressed up except me and 1 or 2 people in Pats jerseys. Damn. I was hoping to report back to this thread but most of my co-workers are 50+ so I guess it's not too much of a surprise that I didn't see anyone rocking a Shaq Cavs jersey or something.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
We had a "Wear a Sports Jersey to Work" day at work today because...uh, I guess it's Friday before Super Bowl but no one dressed up except me and 1 or 2 people in Pats jerseys. Damn. I was hoping to report back to this thread but most of my co-workers are 50+ so I guess it's not too much of a surprise that I didn't see anyone rocking a Shaq Cavs jersey or something.
This was made up for today when I saw one of my middle aged co-workers rocking a Keyshawn Johnson Carolina Panthers jersey!

YES!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Chosun said:
I've got a Mickael Pietrus Warriors jersey that my mom picked up in Paris years ago. Always enjoy wearing that one.

I miss Peaches...

King Kamala said:
King Kamala said:
This was made up for today when I saw one of my middle aged co-workers rocking a Keyshawn Johnson Carolina Panthers jersey!

YES!

When I had jobs like these, I used to be the one wearing random ass ones most of the time. Can't remember any awesome ones from others. Last year I wore my GRONK jersey before the Super Bowl and anyone tried picking a fight with me, I told them they had to respect the party boat on international waters

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That is sweet. I have Drazen's Nets jersey but that is incredible

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Agreed, great thread.

I used to love trolling New Yorkers so I own several basketball jerseys that used to get me dirty looks. The most notable being my Paul Pierce Celtics jersey. One dude even spat on me for wearing that one once when I was in college!

I own a T-Mac Knicks jersey for the 45 seconds he was on the team, Shawn Kemp Sonics shirsey, and Alonzo Mourning Heat jersey that I got as a gift one Christmas and wore maybe twice.

I have a friend who wears an Oilers jersey pretty regularly. That's random, right? I don't even think he follows hockey.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
$_1.JPG

I own this one. I bought it just because it was the 70's Hawks throwback. SAR was nice, but I imagine a lot of people secretly wondered why I would own this jersey when I wore it.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only one I own that would really qualify is a Darin Erstad White Sox shirsey. He was with the team for one horrible year (2007) and his poor play was a drinking game for me that summer, so I found his shirsey on ebay the next season for like $5.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Reine said:
Agreed, great thread.

I used to love troller New Yorkers so I own several basketball jerseys that used to get me dirty looks. The most notable being my Paul Pierce Celtics jersey. One dude even spat on me for wearing that one once when I was in college!

I own a T-Mac Knicks jersey for the 45 seconds he was on the team, Shawn Kemp Sonics shirsey, and Alonzo Mourning Heat jersey that I got as a gift one Christmas and wore maybe twice.

I have a friend who wears an Oilers jersey pretty regularly. That's random, right? I don't even think he follows hockey.

I used to own a Paul Pierce Team USA jersey, as well as a Jason Kidd one. They don't fit anymore since I bought them such a long time ago.

I also own an old school Teemu Selanne Winnipeg Jets and Joe Sakic Quebec Nordiques jersey.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I have a Vlade Divac Kings jersey which is a couple clicks too small and I used to wear it playing ball just to distract them :)