Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

People wearing random ass fan gear

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I just bought way too much more because of some cheap online sales...

I did fall short of dropping the $22 on the Richaun Holmes Sixers - hold out for it to get a little cheaper but I finally got my Paul Pierce Clippers, among a few other random ones that I look forward to wearing.

bathroom selfies pending YPOVVV

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
just make sure it looks better than this one:

Spike-Lee-Jeremy-Lin.jpg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
kinda cute girl went by in an Indiana Pacers hat today - I can dig it

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Haven't posted in this in a while, probably some gems I missed

Last night I was out and saw some guy in a way, way too baggy white Lakers jersey. Like it looked four or five sizes too big for the guy. It was the white but I did a double take when I noticed it was #4.

Sure enough, this guy was rocking the classic Luke Walton Lakers jersey

I think I mentioned I try to pick up a bunch of the random shirts and had recently ordered for cheap the Cavaliers Isaiah Thomas in recent weeks.

I actually bought two actual jerseys for the first time in forever due to the randomness. Not sure when/how often I will wear but I found a BIG COUNTRY BRYANT REEVES throwback on eBay for $45 shipped. The stitched Adidas one.

Then yesterday before seeing WaltonFan69, I was in a local Nike store and on their clearance rack they had the final Josh Jackson Suns jersey they had left in the store for half off, dropping it from $110 to $55. I hadn't gotten any of the new Nike jerseys but on top of that, the clearance was additional 30% off and I had a $5 of $25 coupon. So I got the $110 Josh Jackson jersey for $36 out the door after tax.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
DSCF5307.JPG

I bought this from the Albuquerque Isotopes. It was from their Star Wars Night in the beginning of June.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Saw someone wearing Damon Bailey's Pacer jersey at the store months back.

For those who don't know Bailey, he was a huge Indiana high school basketball star, still holding the state's career scoring record and winning Mr. Basketball and National Player of the year in 1990. He was a standout at Indiana, then was drafted in the second round by the Pacers in 1994. He missed the entire season due to injury, then was cut during the preseason in 1995. He never played a regular-season game in the NBA.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was trying to wrap my head around that Star Wars jersey but...

A Damon Bailey jersey? I love it. I would've had to talk to the person wearing that. I try to collect oddball ones and have a few like a Quincy Lewis Jazz jersey but for reasons you mentioned, I have never in my life seen a Damon Bailey Pacers jersey.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Haven't had a good sighting in a while but moreso the random stuff i pick up myself.

I guess a week or so back I was in a store that randomly had one of the standard Nike jersey t-shirts of Tyler Ulis of the Suns. So random I wanted to get it but it was a bigger size than I wear and didn't really want to drop the $35 when I heard he was on the verge of getting cut. I believe the announcement he got waived came the next day. Typically out here it is all Devin Booker stuff, occasionally you will find a Josh Jackson. I know they will probably stock a bunch of Ayton stuff when it comes out. I did pre-order an Ayton shirt yesterday when Dick's Sporting Goods had a 20% off all order thing going on and it worked on the pre-order.

Another recent purchase because I found it online for like $10 shipped was getting the black jersey shirt from Dwayne Wade's brief stay in Cleveland. NEVER FORGET.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Legit saw someone today already rocking LeBron Lakers gear. It was obviously a custom made shirt with his number and purple and yellow. Gotta give hm credit for trying to stay ahead of the curve.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
was at Citi field over the weekend and saw someone rocking a Doug Mientkiewicz shirsey

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Got some comments on wearing my Marvin Bagley III shirt I got in when I was out the other day. Was at the mall and one of the sports shops had Labor Day sales going. One store had 50% off all clearance items and they had an Elfrid Payton home white Suns jersey that after the discounts I decided to pick up for $25 because I don't know how many people will have a jersey to commemorate those magical 19 games.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Almost posted in here again when I saw the Grayson Allen Jazz gets is on sale to see if I could talk someone into buying it.

Had to post again though because I was at the store and some trashy lady (but not sexy trashy) was wearing a Timberwolves Rubio shirt.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I know he is a superstar now but it warmed my heart to see a very young kid walk around today in a Joel Embiid jersey.

I was out at the mall and in one of the sports stores I saw some kid buying the new City Edition Lakers jersey of Kuzma. I was supposed the only other Laker besides Lebron they had was Kuzma, just assuming it would be Ball.

I almost made a really random purchase but talked myself out of wasting the money. Not sure if anyone here knew about that cross promotion they were doing where MLB and Majestic were putting out jerseys of some popular football players names and numbers on the baseball jersey of their market. On the clearance rack they had a Texas Rangers Dak Prescott jersey but of more interest to me, a Diamondbacks Larry Fitzgerald one in my size. It was the nice $120 jersey for only $60 but realized I never really wear the Goldschmidt jersey I have, let alone getting a Larry Fitzgerald D-backs jersey and put it back.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Some delivery man came to my office wearing a Larry Bird jersey. That's not unusual but he was accompanied by another dude wearing a Larry Johnson Hornets jersey. That dude was a Knick for five years and you wear his HORNETS gear?

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I saw a Trevor Siemian Broncos jersey at work the other day. I had to think hard if he was still with the Broncos. Turns up he's with the Vikings.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was refreshing to see at the Washington @ Saints game how many Washington fans showed up in Sean Taylor jerseys. I had to tip my hat at them for repping the guy all these years later.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I saw a homeless guy in a Bears Forte Jersey today. Is this why he is homeless?

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I think I might be able to start a separate thread with just this guy in my Wednesday bowling league. Last week was Monster Mash.

jamalmashburn%5B010612%5D_portrait.jpg

Plenty of other post-worthy jerseys that aren't coming to mind right now

(Mashburn was a beast, but in 2019 that's pretty random)

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I had that Mashburn jersey but wouldn’t expect it now. I was tickled seeing a guy in a Bulls Wade jersey the other day. I’d squeal seeing Mash IRL.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Arriving at Red Sox at Diamondbacks, was not expecting one of the first jerseys I see to be a Boston Shane Victorino.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
At the Padres-Marlins game in San Diego. They have Gary Templeton throwbacks for sale. Must fight the urge.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
This morning there was a dude across the street from my job smoking a cigarette wearing a Toni Kukoc Hawks jersey. That might be the most random one I've seen ever.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Kukoc used his Bucks jersey as his smoking jersey last I knew but I’m quite jealous of spotting the Hawks one in the wild. Rare and exotic find.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
He looked like some Russian/Ukrainian dude so I assume he was one of those die hards.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was a dude wearing an Al Harrington Golden State Warriors jersey at the Sea Dogs game on Sunday.

Love to see the We Believe era Warriors getting love in 2019.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I saw a Nate Schierholtz Giants home jersey last Saturday. I knew it was his jersey because there was a name on the back....