Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Pitchfork rescores 19 albums

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I was assuming they did this cause some of the artists got canceled or culturally reappraised because we were too mean to them in the '00s but that's not quite the case. Although they did knock down the score for a Grimes album that came out last year and bumped up Liz Phair's 2003 self titled.

This just seems so random and arbitrary but wth do I know? I will not abide by them randomly dissing Daft Punk right after praising them though! Stupid hipsters!

Edit- I guess these rescored reviews aren't canon. Stupid hipsters!

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Big real deal LOL when I saw that outlet originally called Daft Punk's Discovery a 6.4

And @Kamala The Simp you don't actually have to keep carrying that cancel/culture wars/whatever water bucket for the right.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not feeling the Kancel Kulture gimmick. Be a reprobate again like everyone else. We don't need to reevaluate our record reviews because of zeitgeists and retroactive praise/dismissal.

Pitchfork will always, always, always be the site that compared the greatness of the Byrds to the greatness of hearing your parents having sex to me anyway.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't know that Byrds thing. Now I'm more glad than ever that I never followed Pitchfork.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to endorse or disavow cancel culture, just saying what my expectations were!

Musicology is another one that sticks out to me cause I feel like they're going being too harsh on Prince in the '00s cause he was a weirdo to being nice to him because he's dead. It's fine later day Prince. I think the original score was probably accurate!

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
It's so bizarre to rate an album a 6.9 or whatever. You have an industry of subjectively ranking music and you have it so refined that you need to judge it in increments of 100?!