Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA: A place to discuss and debate pizza.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Pizza Tough Guy sounds like something Jim Duggan would say when he overpays for a slice. Or maybe said about him when he whacks the guy behind the counter with his 2x4 for charging him $8 for a slice.
Every day of my life, my mind drifts to the worst case scenario for the situation I am in and how I would handle it through the power of the Hacksaw

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was thinking @Spaceman Spiff had a post that made me wish I could assign multiple reactions with the roller coaster it took me on then @Fall of Epic pops in here like he is some kind of pizza tough guy.

@SFH - where you at? I want to hear about crawdad or gumbo pizza
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p Gumbo pizza is actually a thing at a few independent places here. And off the top of my head, the only shellfish I've seen on local pizzas is the shrimp offering Dominoes trots out every spring.

The gumbo pizza at both places I know about is basically the seasonings, meat and vegetables (sans okra) on top of standard hand tossed dough and white cheese (I assume it's mozz but I can't swear to it as I have to order no cheese when I have it as a calzone). With apologies to Freud, hot andouille sausage tastes great on a pizza. Throw in red onions, green onions, bell peppers, and all that damn pepper, holy hell, it's strange but delicious.

Copied and pasted information below:

From the lesser joint's menu (very grease spoon diner style place)

Gumbo Pizza, A Spicy Roux with Red and Green Peppers, Spanish Onions, Chicken Breast & Andouille Sausage, with Mozzarella Cheese

Redfish Pizza, Thin and Crispy Crust, Home-made Mayo Sauce, Creamy Crab Mix, Grilled Shrimp & Mozzarella Cheese.

Seafood Alfredo, House-grilled Shrimp, Green Peppers, Onions, Alfredo Sauce with Mozzarella Cheese.

Build your own Pizza/Calzone Toppings : Pork Sausage, Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Taco Beef, Canadian Bacon, Breakfast Bacon, Salami, Yellow or Red Onions, Green or Red Peppers, Fresh Mushrooms, Fresh Basil, Black Olives, Kalamata Olives, Muffuletta, Jalapenos, Pepperoncini, Roasted Garlic, Fresh Tomatoes, Pineapple, Artichoke, Spinach, Eggplant, Mozzarella, Feta, Ricotta, Cheddar Cheese, Anchovies

Special Toppings:

Home-made Meatball, Andouille Sausage, Italian Beef, House-grilled Chicken, House-grilled Portabella

Shrimp, Creamy Crab Mix

The higher end pizza joint here that started out in the nearby college town has:

Jambalaya: Cajun smoked sausage, grilled chicken, tomatoes, red onions, roasted garlic, green peppers & extra hot spices. Aayeeeee!
Seafood Stromboli: Gulf shrimp & crawfish, red onion, yellow & green peppers with a side of Monica sauce

Build your own toppings:

CLASSIC TOPPINGS

House Red Sauce, House Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Almonds, Bacon, Banana Peppers, Black Olives, Burger Beef, Canadian Bacon, Green Olives, Green Peppers, Italian Sausage, Jalapeño Peppers, Mushrooms, Pepperoni, Pineapple, Red Onions, Spinach, Tomatoes, Yellow Peppers
10″ +.99 | 12″ +1.79 | 16″ +2.79

GOURMET TOPPINGS

Artichoke Hearts, Cajun Smoked Sausage, Candied Jalapeños, Chopped Philly Steak, Crawfish Tails, Genoa Style Salami, Grilled Chicken, Gulf Shrimp, Italian Meatballs, Italian Olive Mix, Mexican Chorizo, Portobello Mushrooms, Roast Beef, Roasted Garlic, Roasted Red Peppers

There's a whole list of other food cultures that get attacked by creative Cajuns that I could rant about, but I'll keep it to the pizza.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...since when has shrimp been in a pupu platter

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I have not gotten restaurant / takeout food since this all started in March. Only means from home. That being said, when I’m asked what I miss most out of all things it is probably take out pizza. I have done like French Bread pizzas quick and easy but maybe I’ll plan on doing my pizza from scratch over New Year’s as I don’t think I‘ve made it for a few months now.

I did just make MorningStar Farms Anytizers Sausage Pizza bites for lunch just now so will salute @JN News as I eat the sausage pizza tribute snack

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I really like that box, doesn’t look like a regular branded box.
Yeah, it definitely looks like the one that is bought from like Costco when you are running a small business and not the over-manufactured lifeless one from a chain. Well, except when the Pizza Hut boxes had those Star Wars pictures that you could color.