Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA: A place to discuss and debate pizza.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
My go to is Louie's in my neighborhood but I grew up on Vincezo's. My favorite in the borough though is Valentino's.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
OTTO Pizza (a chain that started in Portland, Maine but expanded and is now in Boston area toowhich is reverse of how New England Chains usually go) for unique pizzas. Portland House of Pizza and Stavro's in Portland, ME for Greek style pizza. Amato's is another small New England chain (that started in Maine and is now in random gas stations in Vermont) that makes great Greek style pizza that I actually had last night. Weird thing is Amato's was started by Italians but makes Greek style pizza. Then again, they're known for their Maine Italian Sandwiches, which an actual Italian would throw you into Scarborough Marsh over if you offered them since it's hilariously unItalian.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I much prefer to cook my own with fresh dough but Digiornos is good stuff as well as Outsiders.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I will always have room in my heart for the trashy Mama Celeste and Red Baron mini deep dish pizzas.
Red Baron mini deep dish are my favorite frozen pizzas dating back to childhood. The breakfast versions are delightful as well.

Sometimes I’ll use a cheap frozen pizza as a base and add additional sauces or toppings to transform it into a chicken wing pizza or whatever else I have on hand. Gotta doll em up sometimes.

Screamin Sicilian frozen pizzas are legit as well but at their price point I have to weigh it against a 5.99 Domino’s medium which usually wins out.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Red Baron mini deep dish are my favorite frozen pizzas too! The bite of a slightly well done pepperoni Red Baron mini deep dish might be my favorite frozen food bite.

I have a deep deep abiding nostalgia for basic Tony's Pepperoni pizza RE: trashy frozen pizza. That was one of the top "Mom's at work late so Dad has to make dinner meal". That or 39 cents McDonalds cheeseburgers back when McDonalds used to have a cheap cheeseburgers night in the '90s (on Wednesdays maybe?).

I'll take a "trashy" frozen pizza (I also love a Tombstone pepperoni pizza) over a mid level frozen pizza like Digiorno's 999 times out of a 1000. The fancy ones like Screamin Sicillian are a good treat a few times but like @claydude14 said, I might as well get a take out 'za.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I just got a Red Baron stuffed crust pizza from Aldis of all places, looking to cook that one up soon. Red Baron is probably my fav frozen pizza of them all (and maybe Tombstone a close second) and I echo the love for the frozen mini ones.

Is anyone around the somewhat national chain Giordanno's? Love love LOVE their chicago style deep dish. We have a few in the Twin Cities area, took my girlfriend out there on one of our first dates.

When I travel to Chicago, its Lou Malnati's all the way, baby! Their butter crust on their chicago style is the bee's fuckin knees

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
I'm not sure if we covered this, yet. But, what is your favorite frozen pizza? Anyone have any favorites to put in the conventional oven?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Papa John had eaten 800 pizzas (and joined TikTok) in the past year and a half as part of his journey to take down the elite left.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Sad but true: Racetrac gas station pizza is surprisingly awesome

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Dandy

Reaction score
I used to eat the hell out of Red Baron French Bread Pizza as a kid. It was something frozen that I could make for myself without issue as a kid and was routinely stocked at my house.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Red Baron Mini Deep Dish pizza are my frozen pizza guilty pleasures. It’s really one of if not the only fond memory of middle school (at least middle school lunches) that I have.

Dandy

Reaction score
Yes, I ate the hell out of the Mini Deep Dish versions too. And before Totino’s* became the norm, we used to have a slew of the Fox Deluxe frozen pizzas for cheaper than $1 each.

*Do you guys not realize that I am a major contributor to Totino’s switching to a square pizza in a plastic bag outer container? Because I am.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't had them in a decade, but I loved Bagel Bites as a kid. My parents rarely bought them because they were too expensive, so I had to settle for pizza rolls.

Although, the internet is telling me I can get a box of 18 for less than $5. Were my parents lying to me this whole time?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pizza rolls are like $2 to $4 a bag though depending on the brand. Every penny counts. Aren't you the board's top economist?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well. After consulting my local grocery store's website, I must retract the previous post. Pizza bagels are about the same price if not less in some cases (store brand is over a $1!) than pizza rolls! @tekcop, confront your parents ASAP about their betrayal

Dandy

Reaction score
I haven't had them in a decade, but I loved Bagel Bites as a kid. My parents rarely bought them because they were too expensive, so I had to settle for pizza rolls.

Although, the internet is telling me I can get a box of 18 for less than $5. Were my parents lying to me this whole time?
Here is my take. Bagel Bites were available at Sam’s Club, which was near two hours away at the time before some major roads were finished. You also had to have a MEMBERSHIP just to shop there! My cousin always had bagel bites in his deep freeze in the basement, and his parents were Gilbert Rich. They had an in-ground pool!

Therefore, Bagel Bites were viewed as a luxury item equivalent to caviar. Now something you can pick up at IGA Foodliner across town for a few bucks? Yeah, we’ll buy the hell out of those.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bagel Bites are definitely considered the upper middle class/"rich kid" frozen snack...which really to woke 2022 Kamala just seems subconsciously, vaguely antisemitic?