Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA: A place to discuss and debate pizza.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
That's a pretty terrible opinion.
You want to be the master, you got to master the basics as well as the Cool California Bacon Ranch and whatever other bullshit.

Like I said I'm not a snob. I can enjoy pizza with a zillion toppings but the best pizzas are plain or have one, maybe two toppings max.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I agree with that. I enjoy pizzas with lots of toppings, as well, but a good margherita pizza is probably the best thing ever from the pizza "food group." ;)

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, I was just replying to Star Ocean. Kamala post hadn't appeared yet when I started my post.

I actually do agree with Kamala on that point. A pizza place can't be considered good unless their plain cheese pizza is something above average.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Evidence #1 that the best pizza places are the ones with awesome plain pizzas. If I order from Domino's/Papa John's/Pizza Hut, I load that sonuvabitch with weird topics and douse it with hot sauce to make it tasty. Have you ever eaten a plain pizza from one of these places? Bad cheese pizza is the worst.

Did I mention the local chain around here, Leonardo's in this thread?
That place has five different sauces for pizzas and six...SIX different types of crust and six different types of cheese! Like I said, I'm not a purist and I can definitely dig some weird pies but there's no need for any place to have SIX different types of crust and cheese! Place makes me feel like a cranky old man whenever I try to order from there.

For the record, their plain pizza is slightly above average. **3/4 if I'm gonna be the wrestling geek that I am.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
If you like Papa John's pizza go register for the superbowl coin flip contest. This year you get a large pizza if you guess it right. And it's limited one entry per person not per household, so you don't even have to cheat to guarantee a pizza if you live with someone!

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
you don't even have to live with someone, I did heads on one e-mail addy and tails on another

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
I usually order Pizza Hut and Dominos through the apps on my iPhone. I order a sausage Brooklyn style pizza from Dominos, a large meat lovers with extra sauce (either pan or hand-tossed) from Pizza Hut, and an extra large spicy sausage pizza from my local pizzeria called, "Two Girls Pizzeria".

I love eating pizza while watching the WWE Network. Now, that's my idea of fun.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've started legit loving anchovy pizzas. I first started ordering them when I was a kid because my older brother told me to always request anchovy during school pizza parties because you'd get a whole pie to yourself but I legit started enjoying it.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally had Buddy's pizza, and that shit was BOMB. Their Detroiter pizza can't be fucked with.

buddys-pizza-detroit.jpg

I mean, I like Jet's, but Buddy's is really the Detroit-style pizza staple.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I've been having Buddy's for years but dad introduced me to Shield's earlier this year and I like that just a bit better.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://whateverblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/carb-overload-or-ecstasy-little-caesars-introduces-soft-pretzel-pizzas.html/
Speaking of Detroit style pizzas.

This thing sounds like it'd be tasty by trash fast food standards but I can't imagine a soft pretzel pizza being any good unless it was hot, right out of the oven. Doesn't seem like it would hold up to reheating or be any good served cold.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.wcsh6.com/story/money/2015/02/18/little-caesars-fast-food-pizza-restaurants/23565411/
Little Caesar is introducing a pizza with bacon wrapped crust next week.

I was excited about this until I found it was $12. I'm not made of money!

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah really, the whole appeal of Little Ceasar's is the price. If I'm gonna spend more than $10 I'll go to a local place that uses decent ingredients.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Their pretzel crust pizza is pretty solid, only $1 extra. I didn't realize they use a cheese sauce on it instead of the traditional tomato sauce, but it makes sense.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
The pretzel crust is gone at the one by my house. My daughter's pissed.

I'm definitely trying the bacon crust one the first time I see it though.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Yeah I tried to get a pretzel crust last night and they stopped doing it. They must be in the phase-out mode since it still appears as an option on the website.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How is the pretzel fad just now coming to the world of pizza? Remember the pretzel bun craze that swept through the chain-restaurant industry in 2012/2013?

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I suppose it could be worse. Like this Subway spot from last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDIJvH3yXqc

Bacon was "hip" in the mid-aughts, guys!

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tried the Little Caesar's Bacon wrapped pizza. Very let down, it's very overrated. It doesn't taste bad but it does not taste good enough to justify the calories and bloating. Here it's $12.99 - plus tax. It is 8 squared pieces. I'm a fatty and filled up on two. Was able to stretch it over 3 days.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The only gimmicky one that has my attention is the pretzel stuffed crust, mainly because I am a sucker for pretzel rolls. I can't even remember the last time I had stuffed crust.

Lately, I've been making my own pizza instead of getting takeout anyway. About two weeks ago, I cooked up some fresh chicken sausage, threw that with pepperoni and cut up some green bell peppers to go on top too. That was fine by me.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I ordered Pizza Hut this afternoon. One of those days where there isn't much going on, so get a pizza around noon to feed you for the day and I WANT TO DDIIIIIEEEEEE

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/truro-n-s-woman-seriously-burned-after-another-woman-slapped-hot-pizza-slice-in-her-face

What a waste of pizza.

DMann1979

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Waited for about an hour to get a pizza from Marion's last night. Popular local chain, they were celebrating their 50th Anniversary and Sunday through Thursday all pizzas were 50% off. The place was packed and I overheard the place had to take the phone off the hook because they were so busy. But it was worth the wait for my 13" sausage for 7 bucks. Square cut, tangy sauce and lots of cheese and tons of crumbled sausage all over.