Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Players Wearing the Wrong Uniform - Thread II

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TheSSNintendo said:
Olaf Kolzig playing for Tampa Bay in the '08-'09 season.

No shit, eh? I couldn't have told you that to save my life. I don't remember him playing that late, and I certainly don't remember him playing in Tampa.

Skywarp!

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chris-Mullin-110725-250.jpg

rickywatters_eagles_s7.gif

Ricky Watters

Donovan+McNabb+Detroit+Lions+v+Minnesota+Vikings+ihZKvUvwhqBl.jpg

Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Washington+Redskins+S6wZqyhd92Xl.jpg

Donovan McNabb

sportswarner_t640.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Herschel Walker

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Skywarp! said:

Talked to this guy in his mid-twenties recently that had no idea Mullin was a Warrior and only knew of him as a Pacer. Had to restrain myself.

TheSSNintendo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CanadianGuitarist said:
TheSSNintendo said:
Olaf Kolzig playing for Tampa Bay in the '08-'09 season.

No shit, eh? I couldn't have told you that to save my life. I don't remember him playing that late, and I certainly don't remember him playing in Tampa.

Yup. He played for the Caps from the mid 90's all the way to the '07-'08 season. During his final season in D.C., the Caps traded for Cristobal Huet, and Kolzig got less playing time down the stretch for their run to the playoffs.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was reading a site doing a piece on the twenty greatest Raptors tonight, which was a joke because they focused on overall career of guys eh at one point were with Toronto. So number one was Hakeem, which seems weird.

On the list was also Peja, which as many random places I can remember, I did not remember that. Guess it makes sense as he only appeared in 2 games. I had to seek out a picture, came to post it and sure enough, same exact picture was in the last post from this thread two and a half years ago.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Probably not.

The couple pictures I’ve seen with Westbrook in a Rockets uniform feel very strange to me.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know he bounced around a lot towards the end, but this doesn't compute for me at all.

gettyimages-947730378.jpg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
He slipped in there when Z-Bo was there at the end of the line, I think forming the bond in the Grizzlies, the Kings just signed some random Old Dawgs. The stays in Sacramento and Atlanta for Carter at the end seemed odd but he was happy in those spots.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And now for something a little different...Joe D and Big Ben had their best years in the Piston red, white, and blues, but still wore the teal uniforms at different points.

pistons_19962001_01_240.jpg

EUc-IycWoAo3wZ3.jpg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had a Dumars card I loved in the teal uniform as a kid so that one isn’t as jarring to me as Big Ben, who had the brief run before prominence.

Big Ben in any of his post-Pistons uniforms still seem weird to me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/PortlandSeaDogs/status/1265281225972953095
(Minor league thread crosspost)

I was probably too blotted on Old Crow to even register John Smoltz rehabbing with The Sea Dogs back in 2009.

His last season where he didn't play on the Braves just seemed so wrong.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I collected a lot of autographs in the past and there was a stretch where I would try to get guys on Red Sox cards so I remember the weird Smoltz card well. I should find those and post pictures of some like the John Olerud Red Sox run.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Minor league teams open up a whole can of worms. Found a picture of David Wells with the PawSox in Scranton to confirm it wasn't some fever dream.

1148299548_0561.jpg

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Gordie Howe as a Hartford Whaler in his final NHL season
gordie-howe-of-the-hartford-whalers-skates-on-the-ice-during-an-game-picture-id163311686.jpg

Scott Stevens in his lone season with the St. Louis Blues in 1990-91
b69891c0b62c26207a0eb51e8972a67e.jpg

Pat Falloon with Ottawa in 1997-98, played just 28 games for them that season.
apr-1998-right-wing-pat-falloon-of-the-ottawa-senators-in-action-a-picture-id301074