Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Playstation Classic

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-19-sony-is-making-its-own-nes-mini-the-playstation-classic

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Granted I never had an original PlayStation, the bulk of games I am thinking of or would want are licensed things like WWF, superhero stuff or Tony Hawk. Guessing it will probably be Crash Bandicoot and some of hat other fare but think Xbox has the right response in the article.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I read there's no dual shock controller involved. Color me uninterested.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not very interested in this one unfortunately. I don't think most of these early 3D games aged very well.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
The only PSX games I'd like to replay would be Twisted Metal 2, the original Warhawk, and Tekken 3 (but only if it includes the Tekken Force mini-game).

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Final Fantasy 7, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms. are the 5 announced so far, so that's one.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll wait for the final game list, it I'll likely skip this one. Pretty much every playstation game I really like I own in some digital form.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
These things have a neat novelty factor and look cool, but I still can't believe people buy them at the prices they're sold for - sometimes even a lot more.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I have a PS3 and 90+ original PSX titles, so I will likely pass on this.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
At $100 I’ll have to wait for a final game list as a decider. I thought I’d play my NES and SNES classics way more than I do.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I pre ordered one on Amazon. I can always cancel it if I don't like the list of games. I'll play Tekken 3 and Ridge Racer 4 on it.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I was going to make a small list of games that'd make me interested, but I legit can't think of a whole lot, especially any to justify buying this. I mean MGS, the Twisted Metals, Symphony of the Night, Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, and the Syphon Filters, but that's it. Those are all ones I'd spring for remastered anyway (not that it'd happen, but Parasite Eve HD would be neat), not on this.

Bet it's got Bloody Roar 2 though.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Everyone seems to be going nuts for final fantasy 7. Which is available on every platform besides Xbox anyways.
Yeah this is nuts to me and people are weird. I've had that game on my Vita for ages.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Everyone seems to be going nuts for final fantasy 7. Which is available on every platform besides Xbox anyways.

I don't think it is on Switch quite yet, but it will be soon. But yeah, I find it hard to get excited about games that have been ported to basically every platform already. You can just get it on PS4 if you want.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/29/announcing-playstation-classics-full-lineup-of-20-games/

Full list of games. Decent stuff though some sequels are frustratingly omitted (Twisted Metal instead of TM2, Resident Evil as opposed to RE2 etc.). I'm happy for Rayman and Wild Arms. Rainbow Six seems random as hell.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
It's highly unlikely I get one of these u less it's like the NES and SNES classics where you can easily add games. But props for having Intelligent Qube. I loved that fucking game.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Would have been nice to get a suikoden or some other ungodly overpriced RPG. Likely a pass for me.

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know the rights issues, but it is crazy that Crash Bandicoot, originally touted as the Playstation "mascot", isn't on this thing. I think it's a really nice list of games but I wouldn't buy it because I have most of them anyway.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Smues said:
But props for having Intelligent Qube. I loved that fucking game.

Ooooh, yeah that game was awesome. I had the demo version of it that came with my original PS in '97. I don't think I've played the full version. That and Ehrgeiz are two games who I fell in love with from just the demo but never got around to playing the actual titles.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
People who don't know are going to be in for a huge shock when they load up Persona 1. Its such a drastically different game than what the series is now.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
fazzle said:
People who don't know are going to be in for a huge shock when they load up Persona 1. Its such a drastically different game than what the series is now.

It also isn't good. They should have put Eternal Punishment on there instead.

Overall, the lineup looks really lackluster to me. No Crash Bandicoot. No Suikoden. No Final Fantasy Tactics. No Symphony of the Night. No Gran Turismo. No Dino Crisis. No Parasite Eve. No Silent Hill. No Parappa the Rapper. No Xenogears. No Chrono Cross. No Driver. No Legend of Dragoon. No Soul Edge. No Street Fighter Alpha 3. No Tomb Raider. No Spyro. No Mega Man Legends.

I'll pass.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Kahran Ramsus said:
fazzle said:

It also isn't good. They should have put Eternal Punishment on there instead.

Overall, the lineup looks really lackluster to me. No Crash Bandicoot. No Suikoden. No Final Fantasy Tactics. No Symphony of the Night. No Gran Turismo. No Dino Crisis. No Parasite Eve. No Silent Hill. No Parappa the Rapper. No Xenogears. No Chrono Cross. No Driver. No Legend of Dragoon. No Soul Edge. No Street Fighter Alpha 3. No Tomb Raider. No Spyro. No Mega Man Legends.

I'll pass.

It's next to impossible just to clear the Driver tutorial, so I can see why it was left out.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
To Epic:
Rainbow Six Siege is a huuuuuuge deal in terms of online games, somit makes sense to include the one that started it. I'll also second your love of Ehrgeiz. I played the full game (both console and arcade) and holy shit do I wish it was more well known.

Overall, I'm just going to echo the "nah, pass" sentiment. The few games I'm interested in (Tekken 3, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal) aren't enough to get me to drop money on it. Not when I can just re-up my PSNow account and get access to many of them anyway.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-playstation-classic-emulation-first-look

There are PAL emulated games on the console. Why?

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brodypedia said:
no fact said:
These things have a neat novelty factor and look cool, but I still can't believe people buy them at the prices they're sold for - sometimes even a lot more.
Wal-mart's across the country are sitting on dozens of "arcade one" machines in each store. 4 old old games on a mini cabinet for 300 dollars!

You’re not wrong, but if they ever make a Golden Tee one, I’m buying it immediately.