Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Pokemon GO

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score

This gave me a chuckle. Showed my boss, he thought I legit had a Pikachu on my toilet and took a picture. I thanked him for assuming that was me.

BigD

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
Not a thread I thought I'd find a penis in...

Anyways, I'm level 14 now. Talked to a guy at a park who was like "I don't like to keep pokemon under power 900." I'm like "Yeah... I have other things to do besides play the game all day, every day."

BigD

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed with the battling system at first, but don't mind it now. I just hope with future updates they make it possible to battle each other phone to phone and maybe earn stardust for winning said battles since the pokemon don't have XP. Also, the ability to trade would be nice.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just caught a 789 CP Scyther in my apt. My best catch so far (I have a few that are better than that, but that's from evolution/leveling up)

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
not playing this stupid game, but have seen the stories of people finding dead bodies, walking into traffic/off cliffs/into ponds etc etc

best one was some stupid teenage chick who wanders miles into the woods and her phone dies and she's lost for like 24 hours and her fam reports her missing....

smdh

when I was a teenager way back when me and one of my friends used to, after school, smoke a bowl eat some food watch Pokemon and laugh our asses off. That's the extent of my involvment with that

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I dunno, I guess I get the initial hype and thought it was fun at first, but who has time for this shit?

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm still really into it. I don't give a fuck about the gym stuff, which is supposed to be the main crux of the game aspect, but I enjoy the social aspect of it. As someone who is normally very much an antisocial shut-in, this game has me out and about talking to people I normally wouldn't, trading information about good spots in town with either lots of pokestops that always have lures on them, or where hotspots for normally rare pokemon are, shit like that.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Battling is heavily weighted in favor of the attacker, and clearing out a gym doesn't automatically give you control of it. Those are my two major issues that keep me from battling.

Still fun to catch stuff, though I go through way more Poke balls now that I'm level 10, and it's only going to get worse to try to drive IAP :(

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Amy pats fan said:
not playing this stupid game, but have seen the stories of people finding dead bodies, walking into traffic/off cliffs/into ponds etc etc

best one was some stupid teenage chick who wanders miles into the woods and her phone dies and she's lost for like 24 hours and her fam reports her missing....

smdh

when I was a teenager way back when me and one of my friends used to, after school, smoke a bowl eat some food watch Pokemon and laugh our asses off. That's the extent of my involvment with that

spending your teenage years smokking pot and watching a shitty anime is more embarrassing imo

if you were eating mcdoubles then I'm willin to forgive

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
I just wish there was more Pokestops within close vicinity of my house. When I drive downtown it seems like there is a pokestop every 5 steps, but when I am at home, I pretty much have to drive to get to one because I don't always have time to walk to it just to get a few pokeballs.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove through town around 11 tonight and there were dozens of people walking around with their phones out. What a world.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Facebook is loaded with posts from people hating those that play and enjoy this little app, saying they don't need distractions from the world, because they get up everyday to make a difference.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Fatu_-_Solafa_Fatu_04.jpg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Oliver Stone speaks out on this game

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oliver-stone-pokemon-go-is-totalitarianism/

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nymyzys said:
Facebook is loaded with posts from people hating those that play and enjoy this little app, saying they don't need distractions from the world, because they get up everyday to make a difference.

Yeah the people not playing it are suddenly pious and above everyone else.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My girlfriend has been obsessed with it but refuses to watch the anime with me and had no idea what I was talking about when I told her there was a pokestop and a gym in Viridian city.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
There's something ironic about people who hate Pokemon Go stampeding to Facebook to complain. "Hey, I don't like your chosen app that connects people from all around the world, so I will complain about it on this other app that does....the....same....thing!"

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Ah, but you see a video game shouldn't be bringing people together like Pokemon Go does.

Them: Please just ignore Farmville.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Just made my half-hour lunch walk into a 15minute jog so I could get three blocks over in time to catch an Omanyte. This fucking app.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm at 41.7k according to the game, but that number is really unreliable. My boss "walks" 4-5k every day with the phone sitting on his desk.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Picked up two Bulbasaurs, a Rhyhorn, a jacked 770 Tauros & a Dratini sitting in the bar Saturday night. Thanks, random dudes dropping lures!

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wife was in a public restroom and said a lady was in there on her own phone talking to someone saying how she's scared someone was going to break down her door and kill her for a pokemon in her house.

People come up with some shit.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Aaaand now I'm debating deleting the app after the latest update.

They completely removed the steps from tracking (so, you know, great fix for that bug)
Shut down tracking sites like Pokevision
Reduced the in-app scanning area by 50%
Removed the bonus XP you get for nice/great/excellent throws

Great job Niantic!

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, novelty wore super thin on this super fast. It's neat to catch some rare Pokemon, but fuck this grinding bullshit.

BigD

Reaction score
What am I missing that I think the scanning area being reduced is a good thing as now pokemon showing up will be in a closer radius and easier to find than before the update when they were anywhere within 300m?