Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

PSP issue, anyone got a clue?

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So here's the deal:
Recently my girl picked up Major League Baseball 2k9 for her PSP. She wanted to get herself a recent baseball game and since it's her system, she went with the one with her boy on the cover. But after updating the PSP because the game nicely informed her she had too, there was something weird that happened. Basically MLB 07 and CARS no longer work anymore. It's weird since both games were running fine before the update and other games like 2k9, Diner Dash and Burnout are working fine after. It seems to be just those two games don't want to read.

Does anyone have a clue why those two games would suddenly stop working, claiming a disc read problem?

griffinmills

I finally changed this.
Reaction score
Interesting. I used to flash the dev kits at my old work and one of the things they always claimed was that the updates maintained backwards compatibility. (as an aside, I personally helped with testing Diner Dash but not on PSP, on DS)You may need a certain level of update to make the a game work but usually it worked from then on as long as you didn't go backwards.

You can give the makers of MLB or Cars a call and see if your system revision is incompatible as a known issue. You can also consider going here...
http://www.us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psp
...and read around to see if you should or can update your PSP. Don't just update it and pray though, always read the read me's etc. GL!