Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V3

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Mutoh and Shamrock doing that is the kind of match that would divide people pretty hard, too. Just laying down, stiff strikes every two minutes, ends in a draw. It'd be by modern standards either a scientific match different from anything else, or be two old guys just humping for an hour and looking like shit. Just end it at the exact moment they finally stand up and Shamrock reverses a shining wizard into the anklelock, though.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
How did I not know Suzuki owns a boutique clothing store? I assumed he was strictly a gym wear outside of the ring type. Fact that he's so stylish makes me like him even more!

He's also the world's biggest One Piece fan and appeared in an episode!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Checking around Twitter this morning I was pretty surprised at seeing fewer "lol wtf NOAH" responses than I would have expected and more "Fuck yeah Mutoh!", at least for western fans (curious about the native response though)
Whoever reviewed this show for Voices of Wrestling gave the main event ****1/2. Which, uh, HOW!? WHY!? In what galaxy is that a near perfect match!?

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Clearly a Muta mark.

I am too and as a Muta fan it's a cool moment but as someone who understands the business, it's WTF

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm fine with someone giving it *** as a huge Muta mark and a nod to historical nature but to argue it's a legitimately great match. (shaking head) UNREAL! UNREAL!

Here's the review if you want to read it for your own two eyes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Road To show the other day only drew 331 fans to Korakuen and they've blocked off one side of the bleachers with a video screen. Obviously...there are extenuating factors that led to this poor attendance (including a GD GLOBAL PANDEMIC) but I really hope this causes Gedo to question booking so many shows at Korakuen or at the very least booking so many shows with virtually the same lineup.

I always thought if they're going to insist on booking this many basically meaningless shows, have some Coliseum Video style random singles matches between upper card guys and mid/under/tag guys. Have Kota Ibushi fart around with BUSHI for 10 minutes or something instead of having same house show tag match four nights in a row.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
There's a video defect that is delaying the archive of this morning's Road to... show from going up.

I think that's my cue to not bother although I might still check out Nagata-Sanada when it goes up because Nagata stiffing Sanada.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It sucks that Naito got injured but I'm pumped that Nagata got a singles match now.

Another thing that annoys me rn about NJPW. They don't upload individual matches for any of these non-major shows. They used to do that for all of the shows, even these nothing Road To ones.Even the New Beginning in Hiroshima which I feel like is a semi major one. I haven't watched second night cause I really only care about the upper card matches. And I would probably watch every one of those GD elimination matches from the nothing Road To shows .

Yes, I know it's very easy to just scroll ahead but remember I'm EXTREMELY lazy.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
there was a major earthquake on top of the pandemic. they've already canceled a show that was scheduled for a few days from now. I don't think gedo's booking is why the shows attendance is down even if it should be.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I forgot about the earthquake. Considering the circumstances, would anyone be that upset if they canceled all the Road to Castle Attack shows? I'm not sure roster has their heart set on working at a medium pace in front of 300 people either rn.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another thing that annoys me rn about NJPW. They don't upload individual matches for any of these non-major shows. They used to do that for all of the shows, even these nothing Road To ones.Even the New Beginning in Hiroshima which I feel like is a semi major one. I haven't watched second night cause I really only care about the upper card matches.
They finally split New Beginning in Hiroshima show into individual matches so I am finally watching top two matches. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hiromu Takahashi tore his pectoral muscle and will be out for approximately six months.

Mannnn. That's rotten fucking timing since the roster (ESPECIALLY the juniors division) is already so thin with the lockdown and they've been really relying on him as a B show main eventer and the anchor of the junior division. I'm really not sure where the hell they go from here with the junior division.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
AJPW’s 2021 Champion Carnival kicks off in April, and the company has released the participants in the tournament. You can see the lineup below for the event, which runs from April 9th through May 3rd:

* Suwama
* Zeus
* Kento Miyahara
* Shuji Ishikawa
* Jake Lee
* Yuma Aoyagi
* Shotaro Ashino
* Koji Doi
* Kohei Sato
* Shinjiro Otani

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yoshinabu Kanemaru & El Desperado are going to be replacing Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI as the challengers for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles on the Road To show on Thursday. Rotten luck for BUSHI fans!

No word on what will happen to the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title now that Hiromu's out. I've seen it suggested that they crown a new champ with the Best of Super Juniors tournament in June. While, obviously NJPW doesn't have a problem with leaving a title dormant for months and months upon end (Hello NJPW US Heavyweight Title! Good to see you NEVER Openweight Six Man Titles!) and it would give them another few months of dwindling COVID numbers to probably give them more talent, it's also closer to Hiromu's return than his injury. So IDK. I think the Junior Heavyweight division is fucked temporarily basically.

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
I could forgive how last year's Champion Carnival ran because obvious circumstances and all the puro feds figuring out how to adjust their operations once audiences were allowed to return. Since we're past that stage though, the CC lineup looks underwhelming as hell, partly because of the limited lineup with only ten wrestlers again (normal CC would have 12-16) and also because it's almost the exact same group as last year. Most obvious expectation is that this is Jake Lee's year to finally break thru, winning the CC and getting his big TC win over Suwama, but that's also what most AJ fans thought would happen last September...

speaking of All Japan, since they've been lowest on my list for paying attention, I saw that apparently they decided to play follow-the-leader as earlier this month CIMA showed up oofn to challenge junior ace/champ Koji Iwamoto and then defeated him on Saturday to win the AJ Junior title. Not so egregious on the age side as Mutoh or Akiyama, but that's now three times this month that outsider veterans have won major titles from established homegrown champions of their respective feds

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
(Clears his throat and puts on his "Well actually" voice) Iwamoto isn't actually homegrown if we want to technical. He worked in DDT and the indies for four years before going to AJPW.

AJPW probably can't afford to run a tournament with 12-16 people.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So we will get a triple threat match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title match at the first night of Castle Attack after all. El Phantasmo, El Desperado, and BUSHI. Taiji Ishiimori got jobbed but I can see why they did that. There's no realistic, interesting way to book two Bullet Club guys Vs a non Hiromu junior in a triple threat.

I'm assuming El Phantasmo wins the belt and defends it on NJPW Strong against some North American based talent but tbh, I wouldn't hate getting Despy getting a cup of coffee with the belt since he's had a great last year or two. If BUSHI somehow wins, I'll probably my smash my forehead against the keyboard.