Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

ITT it's 2003: Kamala Live Blogs TNA

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fact that you and @Laz have both told me not to bother subscribing to Impact Plus is probably a good sign I shouldn't subscribe.

But at some point, I might get hopped up on Surge & Vodkas and decide "Well, it's only $8 and I want to watch Dusty Rhodes wrestle Brian Christopher ladder match RIGHT NOW!"

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Honestly, just keep watching the PlutoTV channel for your old TNA fix. They replay enough of the Asylum years and the only good stuff they don't air too much of is footage that can easily be found online.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Yeah, between stuff like Pluto and dailymotion it's so much better. Their Twitch used to be really good for it but now they just show people I don't know commenting on the current show or the same Abyss stuff from 2010-2012. They're getting nicer with Youtube, too.

Laz

Reaction score
I wish their Pluto channel had an on demand feature, at least for the shows that are currently in rotation.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The longer Nash's hair got, the better he got. It's like John Travolta.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Kamala, there is an Impact wrestling channel on Pluto TV. That's a better deal than getting the network, brother.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have watched the Pluto Channel! It is nice but annoying how many commercials there is. I am trying to watch Disco Inferno be a serious character then there is a commercial for dialysis every 4 minutes.

Laz

Reaction score
The push so sweet you gonna get diabetes

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's up there with Foley falling off the Cell in terms of the visceral reaction it got out of me the first time I watched the match.

I imagine the noises I made sounded like Don West. Man people go on and on about how the reason they liked Mauro was the excitement he showed, and he didn't have shit on West who mostly was made fun of and disliked. I could write a book on how much I like Don West, but his excitement seemed so real and genuine while Mauro kind of felt pre planned at times tbh. You wouldn't be screaming a catchphrase or a pun or alliteration, you would be making noisy yelling incoherent yells like my man DW.

Laz

Reaction score
That one always gets brought up but, for my money, the one from the very first AMW/XXX cage match on 6/25/03 is better.

Laz

Reaction score
I expect something like this to show up in the next nL stream.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Genesis 2009 is on Pluto TV right now. Beer Money (with Jacqueline for some reason ) Vs Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed Vs Future QAnon Mayor Matt Morgan & Abyss.

Don West is still there and seems somewhat heelish on color commentary?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Man I don’t remember heel Don West implying Bobert Roode and the Cowboy took Miss Texas to the Eiffel Tower

Valeyard

Reaction score
I miss the dome and they never used it right. That's a murderdeathkill kinda dome that should be reserved for special instances of extreme hatred. I felt so bad for Homicide.

Women's tag title match on that show was great, though.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was watching some of the 1/4/2010 show today for some reason and I forgot they hilariously had Jeff Hardy give these ultra young looking teen girls (both with braces) one of his weird paintings while Shannon Moore looks on. Weird way to redebut Jeff Hardy by having him attack Homicide after that Dome match, sit in the ring for a long time, then this segment.

Also, I forgot that Homicide did the spot where he climbed to the top of the dome after the match ended so uh why.

Last edited:

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I remember being shocked at the Hardy debut for the same reason. He was coming off the hottest run of his career. I went to the show where CM Punk made him “leave WWE”. It seemed so bizarre for him to jump and then debit after a lower midcard cage match and do paintings.

Then again, the only things that jump out to me from that show still are Homicide, the Hardy bit and then having the Nasty Boys and Sean Morley show up.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I remember seeing Jeff Hardy show up with the undercard X Division guys and thinking they did the wrestling booking equivalent of popping a balloon. It just made them and Jeff Hardy look bush league.

Then I went back to watching the start of old man Bret Hart’s weird 2010 run on RAW.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I suspect Hardy thought he was going to get dragged hard by the law on his drug charges around that time and thought WWE wouldn't take him back so jumped to Impact where they looked the other way on most things.