Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

ITT it's 2003: Kamala Live Blogs TNA

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He'd given WWE his word he'd resign when the drug shit was done and they were pissed when he showed up on Impact opposite them.

The real threat was Bubba the Love Sponge all along, though.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
@Winter Epicland is probably right on the money since Jeff's infamous heel run and the Victory Road incident happened in March of the following year.

Fuck...I think I can say that the last decade may be the lamest since I've been a fan. At least the 90s had ECW and the nWo and Attitude to close it off; and the 00s had ROH, TNA, CZW, PWG toward the end, and at least one great WWE show a year. The 2010s was just a plethora of things I didn't care about coming to a header until the focus was on all the aspects that I actively didn't care for.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually think 2010s were better than 2000s but already, a year and five days into the decade, I feel like 2020s might become the decade I am officially too old for this shit. It's absurd to think I'll still watch wrestling regularly when I'm 40 but maybe I end up being an old guy waving his cane at the Young Young Young Bucks in 2062

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
As long as I'm single, I can't see myself ever giving wrestling up fully. There's too much time (especially nowadays) to not get consumed by shows and news. If I had more of a distraction that wouldn't make it as much of a necessity, I'd be at peace with that but there just isn't at the moment. I will say that the past year-18 months has been my lowest my interest has been in WWE but AEW, NJPW, and Impact stepping their game up has kept me engaged in the "world".

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't see myself not caring about WrestleKingdom, Royal Rumble, WrestleMania and whatever other major PPVs pop up and at least reading the news & results. But in 10 years do I see myself caring about what's going on in wrestling news in like the middle of June? I kind of doubt it but I didn't really see myself caring about it in my thirties!

Laz

Reaction score
I have a feeling Laz Jr. is going to be a wrestling fan since his eyes were glued to a Moxley promo within a day of existing. He wakes up if I put it on while napping, even if the volume is low.

Also, I may start referring to him as Lazmark Jr.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I've been getting my daughter into wrestling, and she's been to 4 indie shows in the past 4 months. She's a real hit at the shows as the talent love how much she gets into it. I can't see myself giving it up as long as she loves it, too. My wife is a fan, too, as well as many of my IRL friends, so it makes it easy to stay.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's one of those guys I never remember if they've been active for 20 months or 20 years (it's actually 12 years according to Cagematch). PPA has a very old man baby face.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@Laz and @The Valeyard : It’s True real! It’s true real! Oh it’s damn true real!

• Dino
Reactions: Laz

Valeyard

Reaction score
Well yeah. By far the best thing Dixie accomplished was bringing him in and he overdelivered.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On a surface level, it is a bummer that the back half of Angle’s prime was on a much smaller stage. However, fact of the matter is I really really doubt that Kurt Angle would have lived past 2010 if he had stayed in WWE and even that might be a generous estimate.

Better to be alive, rich and irrelevant than dead and immortalized, I always say.

Laz

Reaction score
I'll say it right here and now: Angle/Joe Lockdown '08 is the best match of Angle's career. Better than the SmackDown Six era. And the next best matches were with AJ Styles.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, TNA Angle had great matches and I think between opponents like Styles and the lack of limitations from WWE, probably better matches than he would’ve had staying. Honestly, I think the only major matchup we missed out by him not being in WWE was Angle vs Punk. I can’t see him still working (or being alive like @King Kamala said) by the time Bryan shows up if he had to work the WWE schedule.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Angle wouldn't have been in WWE post Benoit. They'd have turfed him as fast as possible and have every right to.

TNA Angle truly got Styles to the next level, too. Angle made everyone he was in there with look like a star and from what I recall had little to no problem putting people over. Even when he was a fucked up mess he was still in top form. Don't care what anyone says, either: Main Event Mafia were so good.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They got “bigger” names than him but IMO no free agent signing brought TNA closer to relevancy than Angle (and to a smaller extent, Christian, which is why I am in the minority that thinks he was an OK choice for WWE star to make a guest appearance at Slammiversaey 2012).

To get an elite main event worker, still in his prime was just a staggering move IMO.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When R-Truth is the most sober, level headed person in a segment...

Also Curt Hennig’s singlet is weird as hell. It is like he had it made for an aborted tag team with Hulk Hogan.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That was so sad. The match with Jarrett is so pathetic that it hurt to watch, he had no business in there let alone in a singles match, but considering he died like a month later that makes sense. I wanted Hennig redemption in 2002 but it just wasn't meant to be.

Those tights are badass. Frankly any tights that weren't the ones he wore at Survivor Series '92 were, no pun intended, perfect.

Valeyard

Reaction score

None of this masks bullshit, just name value.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I remember ordering the very first TNA PPV and recording it on my VCR. It had the battle royal with all those guys. It also had Norman Smiley and Lash LaRoux which made me happy.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Those clips have me looking forward to Impact/TNA’s 20th Anniversary next summer which will be fun and dumb as hell.

Unless they somehow blow it and go out of business in the next year and a half. Which would be honestly on brand.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Those clips have me looking forward to Impact/TNA’s 20th Anniversary next summer which will be fun and dumb as hell.

Unless they somehow blow it and go out of business in the next year and a half. Which would be honestly on brand.
On brand would be them having a 20th Anniversary booked for a Saturday night show and going out of business on the Wednesday right before. Get Impact in your 2022 Death Pools!

Valeyard

Reaction score
I recorded the first TNA show too because I wasn't sure they'd make it and wanted just anything else. I have a soft spot for it, but it's remarkable how they lasted. It was like watching one of the UFC shows from the dark years.

Fucking Del Rios doing the Scott Steiner bit was so frustrating. Steiner was the big free agent and everyone wanted him back so bad. You could see the total disappointment of the fans when he came out, too. Cheated out of some Steiner vs Shamrock.