Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
1384196_10151934154278184_1083913673_n.png

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
David Cross will be doing a guest spot in a follow up to the D & D episode:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/11/david-cross-will-guest-star-on-community.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Another D&D episode had me sold, but Cross being a part of it HAS ME BEATIN'

Laz

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrPreTSYiwM

I know that it's standard for the cast to hype up the new season of a show, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm totally buying what Joel, Gillian, Yvette, and Ken are saying hook, line, and sinker.

DMann1979

Integral Poster
Reaction score
5 minutes in, feels much better :)

That's like me hating owls because I suck at analogies

Laz

Reaction score
ABED. NICOLAS CAGE. OH MY GOD. YES.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I got a great laugh out of Donald Glover mocking himself.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Good focus on actual school going-ons in these episodes. The Dean's quest to learn Excel resulting in the reveal that the week long meatball menu was on him due to an accidental conversion of menu to spreadsheet was good.

Exslade ZX

Integral Poster
Reaction score
2GOLD said:
I got a great laugh out of Donald Glover mocking himself.
Yea oddly enough this was probably my highlight of the episodes.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I loved the Donald Glover/Scrubs meta joke and Abed's killer Nicholas Cage impression. Also liked Jeff pointing out how dumb Brita has become since season 1, which she doesn't mind I guess because she seems happier.

Maybe it's the wardrobe but Alison Brie breasts looked much smaller than in seasons past. I think it was because she was wearing blousy business attire instead of tight tops and sweaters

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yvette Nicole Brown said that Dan Harmon was the only one to know about Chevy's cameo. None of the cast knew

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I don't know why I did but I lost it with Troy disguised as the chair with the tear rolling down his cheek.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chang sourly explaining his own character's plot was my personal favorite bit. Damn fine episode, it really puts the mediocrity of season 4 in its proper perspective.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
I don't know why I did but I lost it with Troy disguised as the chair with the tear rolling down his cheek.

This scene was brilliant

rollie

Integral Poster
Reaction score
strummer said:
Yvette Nicole Brown said that Dan Harmon was the only one to know about Chevy's cameo. None of the cast knew

I read that he was filmed separately but surely McHale had to know as to be able to act in that scene?

Really enjoyed the new episodes, Mike fitted in rather well to everything even when added to the study table at the end. Looking forward to his presence moving forward.

Laz

Reaction score
He fits the motif, too, of being another surrogate father for Winger. Pierce was what Winger could have become without the group to make him realize what's important, Mike is what Winger could become without the group to keep him grounded.

Is it just me, or is the show still kinda dark-looking? Season 4 was less colorful than the first three seasons, and it looks like this one is off to the same start. There almost seems to be a hue of gray, perhaps intentionally.

rollie

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I noticed the bulk of the first episode was shot darker and then seemed to brighten up in the final scene (once Jeff was a teacher and everyone re-enrolled) which I took to be intentional. Didn't notice so much in the second episode, then again I was watching on a laptop screen so may not have noticed everything...

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Starburns!!!!!

RIP Pierce

So Britta was the Bandit, right? I think I got that. Or was Annie doing it to get with Jeff

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They go and do a Zodiac-like letter at the beginning and get my hopes up and then they got too bogged down in trying to parody horror movies and crime shows or whatever and forgot to make it funny.

Laz

Reaction score
It's not a bunch of jokes, true, but it's a good spot-on parody of crime thrillers. I dug it.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
It wasn't a laugh riot episode but I thought it was pretty good and had a lot of nice character moments.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought there were a lot of funny lines here. They were really dead panned obviously...but I laughed quite a bit. Nothing beat Annie alone with Duncan though. It was filmed and set up just so perfectly like a scene out of any movie where that scene happens.

Dandy

Reaction score
I just felt like the absurdity of the whole thing was 100% Community, which was something missing from last season. It made the jokes funnier when I kept thinking about how seriously this would be taken in real life.

Laz

Reaction score
Aye to that.

Also, was it just my in-need-of-sleep mind tricking me, or were there a bunch of fart jokes near the end?

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was a perfectly timed fart joke following the Fat Neil radio eulogy for Pierce.

Something like: "Pierce you were a hell of a D&D player, it's time to level up. ... Now stay tuned for the Dr. Farts show *Fart noises*"