Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Re: Community: Six Seasons and a Movie

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Ending was really forced and they didn't really reference any sitcom endings (which would've made it work), but everything up to it was great. The credits scene was probably the best part.

Is there a "Mr." Tight Ship?

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I did, they RELLY took some shots at NBC at the end. Holy shit but I would watch the fuck out of Thought Jacker.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so sad.

annie-run1.gif~original

Run Annie. Run for a better future.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, this is too damned bad. It still stuck around for much longer than was expected, and maybe even has a chance to move over and have another season on cable or Netflix.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
I managed to watch at least half of the last season...it wasn't perfect (I wasn't won over by the two part finale), but it was a significant improvement in a lot of ways.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
How does everybody rank the good seasons? I go 2, 3, 1. The first half of 5 was great, but it fell off without Donald Glover, and it seemed like they didn't utilized John Oliver enough given how great he always was and the limited cast.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
The last two episodes felt like they were going through the motions, as if Harmon was finally beginning to lose interest in his own creation. Still, this season gave me "G.I. Jeff", so hey.

At the end of the day, I don't really feel...a whole lot about this. I do wish their would be one more season (who knows right now) but in the end, we were lucky it even made it past one season.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Laz said:
FX, Comedy Central, AMC...dude, IFC. They'd be crazy to not even think about picking up a cult hit.

Well, Comedy Central DOES own the syndication rights... Hulu owns the digital rights. Maybe they could split the production costs, have Hulu with same day online broadcasts?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm still proud this show lasted five seasons. This show brought me back to watching network prime time TV for the first time since the late 90s. Tremendous show

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
it had a great run for sure. I think most of the cast will have bright futures. Allison Brie especially should be able to do whatever she wants.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I would never have been able to not destroy that take by falling out of my chair.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
That made me re-watch Mixology Certification. I love this Britta. She became a bumbling oaf, but the original version was amazing.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/community-hulu-season-6-dan-harmon/

There is a glimmer of hope that there could be a sixth season of cult comedy series Community. I have learned that Hulu is in talks with Community producer Sony Pictures TV for more original installments of the show, which was cancelled by NBC earlier this month. Sources stress that conversations are preliminary and it is unclear whether they would lead to a deal, but I hear there is will on both sides. That includes Community creator Dan Harmon, who confessed on his blog that he had warmed up to the possibility of continuing the show elsewhere, changing his stance from “eh” when Sony TV called him with the news of the series’ cancellation by NBC to “sure, let’s talk” two days later. Said Harmon, “I’m not going to be the guy that re-cancels cancelled Community.”

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/community-returning-sixth-season-yahoo-715857

This was pretty much the last day that this could have been done. Contracts for everyone expired at midnight tonight. Not that it couldn't have been done anyway...but you'd have to go through all those individual negotiations.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I don't know what the Hell "Yahoo Screen" is and with 3 streaming services already under my belt, I don't think I'm going to bother.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I haven't used it yet, but Yahoo Screen is free and driven by ad revenue. I'm sure a pay option will come along eventually, but as of now it's totally free. And, I'm just now finding out, they have the SNL archives

https://screen.yahoo.com/snl/

holy shit

*runs to install on PS3*

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They also have a bunch of dark unaired snl sketches that were cut. It's awesome