Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Rebel Moon, or "How I Learned to Make Copies of a Copy"

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score

The story is set in motion when a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy is threatened by the armies of a tyrannical regent named Balisarius. Desperate, the colonists dispatch a young woman with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from neighboring planets to help them make a stand.

“This is me growing up as an Akira Kurosawa fan, a Star Wars fan,” Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s my love of sci-fi and a giant adventure. My hope is that this also becomes a massive IP and a universe that can be built out.”

Rebel finds its origins in a Star Wars pitch the filmmaker developed a decade ago. It was a more mature take on the universe created by George Lucas and didn’t move beyond meaningful conversations after The Walt Disney Co. acquired Lucasfilm in 2012.

Sure can't wait for some epic slow-motion lightsaberbeam cutlass battle scenes between the Rebel AllianceResistanceFree Colonies and the EmpireFirst OrderAuthority.

Real talk, I'm actually in favor of an adult-oriented space opera series, and I think Snyder being attached could make it get decent funding. It's just Snyder as the director...

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a netflix movie with a big name director so yeah it';ll get at least 100 million. It sounds beyond terrible but it's scifi so I'll try it.

His whole interview on it is hilarious and as always completely lacking in selfawareness.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Honestly, I enjoyed both of the Army of movies wayyyy more than I thought would be possible, so I'm actually excited for this. It's pure pulp being played up as such.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is the reason that January-March historically a dead time for the box office because people were waiting for a movie like Rebel Moon?