Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Red Dead Redemption 2

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmA6MrX81z4

The game that finally will make me upgrade to a new console.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Can't wait for another Undead Nightmare type DLC, and since the trailer dropped while HBO's Westworld is becoming a hit, wouldn't that be crazy if they managed to work in some kind of story DLC related to that?

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
and only listed for PS4/XBone, no listing for PC release, suck it Rockstar :(

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
UK retailer put something out that the release date is September 26th. No official confirmation yet but that seems reasonable.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'm guessing the delay is more because of whatever online feature they'll be implementing than the single player. There's no way RDR2 won't have an online system similar to GTA V since that's why GTA V is among the highest selling games ever, and GTAO is a glitch-filled fucking mess.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63h3v9QV7w

Making me want to replay the first one again!

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I do look forward to breaking a new horse in the game. There's going to be a giant online mode, I'm guessing. What's nice for someone like me is that they'll probably have more conventional weapons for first year of online play before they have you spending Red Dead Dollars on "experimental" airships that have Gatling guns.

Sadly, I don't see players having gun fights after intense poker hands due to the microtransactions that will be attached to the game. Or maybe they can set up some things in the game that can only be bought with a separate currency found only in the game world. Still, I'm worried about the option to get money from an in game menu that's sponsored and delivered by Wells Fargo. They'll probably call them "Buffalo Bucks" or something.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Your fears aren't unheard of since that's what GTAO has devolved into. If the Hunter weren't coming out soon I'd give it up.

Here's to hoping Rockstar actually listened to the massive outcry from their playerbase over the reliance on micro transactions these last few months.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
This is making me want to re-play the first one, wish there was a way to do that on PS4 without subbing to playstation now.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There’s going to have to the a fast travel aspect to the online. GTAO I nip into my plane or copter if I’m wanting to go the other end of the map.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly, the most enjoyable thing in GTA Online after all this time is driving cars. The Prison Break heist is still a lot of fun, even if now, in grind crazy times it doesn't net you much money at all. But paying attention to the drive testing that users put on Youtube has led me to enjoy the Vagner.

But why would I want to buy a big stupid plane for 4-5 mil that I need cooperative players/enough friends online to enjoy? I got a Titan years ago from the money glitchers on 360, thank you!

Back on topic, I'm not holding out much hope for the multiplayer, so I'm just going to be hopeful towards the single player campaign having some good replay value. And perhaps in this edition, I'll finally get better at dueling.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Hey, that's my birthday. I can justify getting a console now. I assume it will never be on PC because fuck you Rockstar.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The first one was delayed forever, right? I know everyone is hyped but it just feels like the wait is forever and I am not even a fanboy of this franchise. I played the last one a little and enjoyed it but know people who sunk countless hours.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll probably be tied up with Far Cry 5 for a while anyways and I'm slow to finish games so the fall works for me.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agree with muzz. I'm more than happy if something is delayed if it means a complete and less buggy game. A lot of games could've benefited from this rather than rushing things out the door and then applying half assed, just as rushed, patches after the fact.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
People bitch when games get released as buggy messes. People bitch when games are delayed so they aren’t buggy messes. It’s just how it goes.

And I’m firmly in the Delays Are Better Than Bugs group.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I almost never buy games on release anymore for that very reason. I'd rather wait several months and play it when the bugs are fixed.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah it's better to wait. I will say that bugs can sometimes add to a games charm. Skyrim for example has a ton of bugs but they actually enhance the game a lot of the time.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My only concern will be the online aspect. If the map is as big if not bigger than GTA 5. How will we traverse it. GTA 5 is spend fuck tons of money on a super fast car. RDR2 will have horses.