Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Red Dead Redemption 2

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m still average weight or whatever they call it.

All I really ever do is grab a bowl of stew every time I happen to hit my camp.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Caved and bought a copy. It had one of the preorder bonuses attached, so there's that.

Gorgeous game. I'm stoked that Rockstar fixed the third person camera from GTAV, it feels much more solid and less floaty which means third person combat isn't a pain in the ass. I'm eagerly awaiting the online mode.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finally finished the main storyline. All in all a pretty incredible achievement, I'm not sure if it'll have the replay level of GTA for me but the writing and acting in this were probably the best I've ever seen in a video game.

The emotional aspect of the game is what sets it apart. The feelings I had when Sean, Hosea and Lenny got killed were all ones of genuine sadness and sorrow. I teared up big time when Arthur said goodbye to his horse and when he's diagnosed with TB. I genuinely wanted Micah dead and felt legitimate frustration with Dutch. I was incredibly happy when John proposes to Abby with the ring that Mary gave to Arthur. I can't recall ever feeling this invested in the characters of a game and what their outcomes would be.

And Sadie Adler is the realest chick ever.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
the horse death was the worst for me since I used the same one the whole game

Laz

Reaction score
I bawled when Arthur is riding back to camp to confront Micah and the various good things people said about him play over the music. Jesus Christ that was hard.

Laz

Reaction score
Two of my friends have. They've both said it's clearly designed for having multiple friends on at once, and it looks like R* mashed the original RDO with what GTAO is to varying degrees of success.

Laz

Reaction score
Just beat this. The Epilogue is a chore but a bit of a necessity to tie off loose ends and set up RDR1, but hot damn was it incredible. I laughed, I cried, and the music for the bigger action scenes was so on point that I couldn't help but feel wholly invested.

9.5/10, with only the grind of the Epilogue and Chapter 5 standing out as being lame.
Fuck Micah.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I’m only starting chapter 4. I’m stretching this fucker out. I feel like I can guess how it’s going to end though.

Loving the game. After it opens up a little it’s so enjoyable.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I'm still on chapter 3 because I'm still just running around hunting and exploring. I bought an Arabian so getting around is a lot faster. I'm not hugely into the story yet but I think some pretty serious stuff is going down soon since I just went to the party in Saint Denis.

Laz

Reaction score
Chapters 4 and 6 are marvelous. Y'all are in for a treat.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I noticed once the epilogue opens up that riding around in the south I came across a broken oil rig with a wooden sign that read "Plainview". Somebody at Rockstar is a There Will Be Blood fan!

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Just finished Chapter 6. One of the strongest finishes to a game I've ever played. Arthur Morgan has rocketed to the top of best protagonists in gaming history.

Yes, fuck Micah. I couldn't remember if he shows up in the original so I was waiting to put a bullet in his brain, but I guess that's for Marston to do.

Now it seems like a whole new game has started and I honestly am fine with it. I want to see how they set up where John is at the start of the original.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Without spoilers I just got off the island recently. Glad that didn’t linger too long. While I’m loving the game. I feel like I’m ok with it coming to an end.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KingPK said:
Just finished Chapter 6. One of the strongest finishes to a game I've ever played. Arthur Morgan has rocketed to the top of best protagonists in gaming history.

Yes, fuck Micah. I couldn't remember if he shows up in the original so I was waiting to put a bullet in his brain, but I guess that's for Marston to do.

Now it seems like a whole new game has started and I honestly am fine with it. I want to see how they set up where John is at the start of the original.

Best game ive played from a narative POV... tho The Last of Us is right up there.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I guess I can see how people say the Epilogue can be kind of a slog but I'm really enjoying it. Sadie becoming a badass bounty hunter is great and I love going out on missions with her. I don't remember if she is in the original either, so I'm kind of dreading her being killed by Micah or something. Also, the song that plays during the house building scene is fucking delightful.

This game is really making me want to start up the original again as soon as I finish it.

Laz

Reaction score
The slog is really just the build to Sadie's return, following John working as a ranch hand and building the house and whatnot. It's not too bad, really, but to follow Arthur's death with that is a tonal shift that feels worse than it is.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You know it’s ironic as hell that the story was
dutch needing one big score so they could all live in happiness. When I ended the main Arthur story with about 5k. That was through hunting, fishing etc so if they had all actually worked for it they could have went legit.

Laz

Reaction score
RDO on PC is going to be an absolute shitshow.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I got the PC version the other day because I finally got a computer that can run it. I have no idea where it ranks on my all time list but it's high. I finished it all, but am still thinking about it days later. Games don't do that to me. I'm going to hope forever RD1 hits PC legally so I can bring it all back. They should never make another game about any character in this.

Staff member
Reaction score
The side missions are also better than those in pretty much any other game.

Valeyard

Reaction score
For real. I wish there were even more of those because it never felt like enough sometimes because I plowed through them. In GTA I almost avoid them because they get so repetitive but the variety and characters here was nuts.

All the game needed to be perfect in my eyes was a larger variety of random events and way more bounty hunting.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I've beaten the game, done all the big stuff there is to do, but I still keep going back to it just to fuck around. Catch a mission or two I missed, find things, kill Klansmen. Next level for me.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Because of this game I don't know if I can feel again.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I've beaten the game, done all the big stuff there is to do, but I still keep going back to it just to fuck around. Catch a mission or two I missed, find things, kill Klansmen. Next level for me.
I like the klan stuff was all played for hahas. Seems like any the time you’re about to mess with them they seem to end up killing themselves through buffoonery.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I just get an itchy trigger finger when I see white sheets. I like the comedy but it's very hard for me to find a lot of it funny. Curbstomping grand dragons or whatever, though. That's content.

Regardless this is probably my favorite game ever and objectively speaking the best I've ever played. I never go back to games like this so soon. Ugly man tears, man.