Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Red Lobster is serving a Mt. Dew Dew-garita

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I like that they finally understand their place in the world.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like Red Lobster is way more upscale than Mt. Dew probably expected for the chain that would want to do a tie in cocktail with them.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not that Red Lobster is upscale but I would agree that a Mt Dew themed cocktail is more aligned with a Chili’s type of quality.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Is Chili's considered below Red Lobster? Also, I'm going to need to see where they relate to Applebee's and Friday's.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Red Lobster is higher cause they're focused on seafood.

I'd say trajectory is
Red Lobster then Chili's, Applebees, and TGI Friday's are all lumped together very closely in that order. I think Chili's gets 2nd only cause consensus is they're best of the three. Friday's is last cause they're the least relevant.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't been to Red Lobster in nearly a decade, but I remember them being more expensive than most other chain restaurants.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lobster gets the bump due to overpriced seafood and cheddar bay biscuits. Chili's is in the two spot, simply because they have decent food and it isn't too expensive. Applebee's has the ability to get you tanked due to $1 margaritas during the year. Friday's? Who the fuck is still going to TGI fucking Friday's?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to defend chain restaurants than almost anyone here at TRTSM. I actually unironically enjoy Applebees for what it is. However, I had Olive Garden for the first time 3 years ago and can honestly say I would much rather eat a Stouffer's Dinner than go there. It's just mind-blowing how people actually like it. Even the famous breadsticks are really not that good. WTH America?

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I kinda like Olive Garden. :oops:

It's been a few years, though.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fettucine Alfredo is probably one of my fave five foods and I heard that is one of Olive Garden's better foods and I can unequivocally say that Stouffer's version is way better.

Although what if it's just cause Stouffer's pasta is actually really good!?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Do you think Red Robin should be grouped with Chili's, Applebee's, Friday's etc.. or are they better grouped with Five Guys?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the fact that they have wait staff puts them in category with Chili's and Applebee's.

I'm going to guess Red Robin is biggest chain restaurant I've never eaten at btw. My brother raved about them back in the '00s before they came in Maine when he went to school in Pennsylvania but I feel like consensus was they had gone downhill by the time they got here. I would still definitely try it out but's not an experience I'm going to seek out. Having option to sub steamed broccoli as a side for my burger doesn't incentivize me enough. Yet. Check back in with me in a few years.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Why would the loss of real lobsters affect their business ?

Last I checked, Cheddar Bay is still in business.