Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Reminder That Gorbachev starred in a Pizza Hut commercial in the ‘90s

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trump easily. Gorbachev is not very popular in Russia. Or at least under the current rulers people don't admit to it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
But he brought them Pizza Hut! There's actually a fairly lengthy section on Gorbachev and this ad in Fast Food Nation.

Gorbachev is #1 on my list of people I'm surprised are still alive. I think him and Brian Mulroney are last of the '80s world leaders still kicking. Bah gawd. Maybe there's health benefits to eating Pizza Hut!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would considering bringing pizza hut right up there with ending the soviet union. like...neck and neck. The buffet when you're running low on cash? Great shit.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk if they got the buffet. A Pizza Hut Buffet right after the collapse of the Soviet Union might be TOO much freedom!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I still have some of those comics. IIRC, it's a Danger Room malfunction that sends copies of the team after one another.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if they did comics multiple times, but if it was the ones I got I think there were 4 in total, and it turned out to be a training exercise run by Professor X. IIRC I never got part one but got 2 through 4 and once I saw it was just Professor X I didn't care to find part 1.