Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Ring of Honor in 2020 (and beyond?): 18 Years Old and Barely Stable!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Meltzer was asked about the investigation on WOR from last night. He said that Sinclair is notoriously glacial slow when it comes to investigations. They're hoping that it just goes away during the investigation so they don't have to look too much into it. With how vocal Brody was during the who thing, he's close to a number of the women that spoke out against various wrestlers, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked to not work with Marty again.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good thing barely anyone pays attention to modern ROH so no one will really care when they pretend Marty Scurll and Brody King were never in a stable together.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ROH is returning with the Pure Wrestling Title revival tournament.

this feels like a weird reintroduction.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Marty Scurll is currently on hiatus so he doesn't have any booking power at the moment. But it's ok guys because DELIRIOUS is back as head of creative!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Probably not.

I am mildly intrigued as they're going to be the first promotion, at least in North America, to operate in a bubble so that'll be interesting to see.

ROH being the most ethical North American promotion is one of many low key very weird developments of this year. I know it's a low bar to clear but I still never would have called ROH & Impact treating their workers better than anyone.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That is a damn good group. Both Tony Deppen doing some guest shots (and he clarified on Twitter that he wasn't signing with ROH) and Matt Sydal returning were announced in February before the whole friggin world shut down IIRC.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SIGNATURE KAMALA ROH THREAD TRIPLE POST!

New episodes of ROH are returning September 12th.

ROH is teasing a Dalton Castle-David Arquette match. Does David Arquette want his wrestling career to be irrelevant as his acting career? ROH is probably last promotion I'd go (behind a return appearance to GCW) if I am Arquette.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
They need him more than he needs them.

I would very much like David Arquette to be ROH champion and everyone being accepting of it. Final step to realizing this all should be fun.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Impact Wrestling would be best fit for Arquette weirdly. Their current administration loves goofy schtick and it's low enough on North American wrestling totem pole where I don't think anyone would be wound up by it being place where Arquette made his national return.

ROH is probably even worse than WWE at presenting comedy wrestling.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I was just thinking about how they should bring in Sean Spicer as an authority figure, too.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Final participants in the ROH Pure Title tournament starting next weekend are Fred Yehi (that's good!), Silas Young (not great but I expected him to be in this so whatever), and Delirious (big ooof). Pumped to see Yehi get a shot on national television and he is a great fit since he may be most underrated technical wrestler in the US.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
That tournament should be fantastic. I'm really hoping for Deppen vs Gresham in the B Block final. If I can get Rust Taylor vs Fred Yehi in round 2, I'll be like a pig in shit. Yehi vs Rocky in the A Block Final is my dream for this, with a final of Yehi vs Gresham (we know Tony's not making it to the Finalsadly, unless they signed him).

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

ROH's return episode is free to watch on their website. Im about halfway through with it and honestly, with how small their crowds were pre-covid, you can't even tell the difference.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Can I wish Flip Gordon gets burned to death right after he gets Covid or is that against the Culture Crossfire TOS? Because if it is I won't.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just when I think there absolutely is no chance there is a dumber wrestler than TJP, Flip Gordon dumbs it up.

Fact that Flip was an Army Ranger makes it even scarier. THESE are the types of dudes we have on the frontline. Y-I-K-E-S

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
what a fucking idiot. And jesus christ the air here is so fucking bad guys. you literally have to stop driving at some points the air is so thick from the smoke.

Valeyard

Reaction score
See? That's proof he wants to die in a fire.