Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

RIP Eddie Van Halen

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I was just thinking this morning about his cancer and how he was gonna die soon. I sure hope he was already dead by then and that I didn’t kill him with my thoughts.

I saw VH in 2015 and while Dave’s voice was pretty rough Eddie was still on top of his game. RIP GOAT

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jesus christ can this year end already.

Eddie sounded pretty great on some tracks of the latest Van Halen album I listened to. He still had it. RIP to maybe the best guitar player ever.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This sucks. RIP to a legend.

Gonna blast 1984 while at the gym tonight.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow this is absolutely devastating.

I can remember my cousin watching Van Halen on MTV when I was super young. I was like 5 or 6. She had to explain to me who they were. Liked them ever since.

Gutted

OldSchoolWrestling

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I remember my best friend made me watch when MTV premiered Jump. The next morning we went to the music store and priced guitars. I've been to a lot of concerts but regretted never having seen them. RIP

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
2020 can go straight to hell. One of my favorite musicians ever. RIP to a true music genius.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
FUCK CANCER. I've said for years that Van Halen is what a band fronted by Ric Flair would sound like. RIP.

I was a 19-year-old homeless kid when I sat down and listened to Van Halen II for the first time; they're still one of my favorite feel-fucking-awesome rock 'n' roll bands a lifetime later. Fuck, I can think of specific moments in my life where they were the soundtrack - from banging strippers to simply walking down the street with my Walkman on and feeling great about everything for no particular reason. All of my Van Halen is on cassette, appropriately enough.

Rock on, Eddie. We'll miss you.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Seeing Eddie Van Halen shred “Eruption” at the Bangor Waterfront during the middle of a torrential downpour 4 or 5 years ago is an indelible memory.

You may have left this mortal coil but Rock Gods live forever. RIP EVH.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings on Eddie. Obviously he was great at what he did. And I loved me some Van Halen back in the day. But he and his brother fucked Michael Anthony pretty damn hard.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score