Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

RIP Joel Schumacher

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Has died at the age of 80

Unfortunately known as the director that killed the Batman franchise in the 90s but was a hell of a director in his prime.

Loved St. Elmo's Fire,Lost Boys and Flatliners growing up. The Client is pretty damn good as well for the most part.

RIP

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Shame that he's known for the Batman stuff, as Strummer said, he has a lot of great films under his belt too.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I refuse to say nice things about dead Hollywood people since they always turn out to be rapists. But I think history has shown that Joel Schumacher was right with his vision for Batman.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
A lot of people sadly never forgave him for Batman and while I never thought he directed anything phenomenal, he did do some solid films. Lost Boys, Falling Down and Phone Booth are some of my favorites.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm surprised I found out here and not social media, friend of mine has a small Schumacher podcast with a friend in another state. They post it irregularly, but I'd figure news like this would have been the first thing I saw when I opened twitter.

I've not seen a film of his that I immediately disliked. B&R over repeated viewings, the flaws present more apparently, but the first few times, I enjoyed it well enough.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Batman Forever gets a bad rep. I've went through my phase when I resented it because it was the polar opposite of the Burton films but grew to appreciate it for what it is overtime. Batman & Robin can still die in a fire, however.