Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

RIP Richard Donner

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He was just on the Goonies reunion table read zoom call late last year. Seemed lucid and in pretty good health for his age.

RIP

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It gets lost in his filmography because it's unlike most of his other movies, but people often forget he directed The Omen. That movie still holds up incredibly well and is one of my favorite horror films of the 70's. Inside Moves is a lesser known movie of his that is pretty good as well. Ladyhawke is another rock solid underrated movie from Donner

The guy had a hell of a resume and is one of the most important directors of the 70's and 80's that often doesn't get mentioned as being important. His 90's run isn't as good, but he was a big part of Tales From The Crypt and directed one of my favorite episodes called The Ventriloquist Dummy starring Don Rickles and Bobcat Goldwaithe. The western episode he directed called Showdown is also very good.

RIP

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
He also directed 16 Blocks as his last film, which I remember liking well enough at the time. Not a long filmography but it had a ton of gems for what he did direct.

RIP

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I expected him to have a longer filmography as well. Not a ton of crap/filler though, the less said about The Toy the better.

I don't remember his 2nd to last movie Timeline AT ALL. Which is bizarre cause "Paul Walker and Gerard Butler have to go back in time to rescue their professor Billy Connolly in Medieval England" seems like a movie that pubescent me would have watched and/or enjoyed making fun of.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
He also directed 16 Blocks as his last film, which I remember liking well enough at the time. Not a long filmography but it had a ton of gems for what he did direct.

RIP
The last really good Bruce Willis movie, and I'd say his overall best since Die Hard With a Vengeance. In some ways, it's the true successor to the series, as Willis plays a very McClane-like cop nearing retirement.