Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

RIP Saturday Morning Cartoons

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
The Fox Kids branding may have been discontinued but I know cartoons on Fox lasted longer than that. The TMNT series debuted in 2003 and I remember watching the first episode and then deciding that as a senior in high school I had little interest in a new TMNT. I believe they also aired the F-Zero anime at some point around ‘04 or ‘05.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
That was around the switch to Fox's Saturday morning being predominantly by 4Kids Entertainment.

And fuck Gen X'ers if they pretend that the X-Men and Spider-Man shows on Fox weren't great.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another weird thing I found out in my Fox Kids wormhole. Fox Kids had a syndicated radio show that lasted until 2012, which was hosted by Chris Leary of TechTV and WWF Jakked/Metal micro fame. That seemed baffling and I thought "Wow. I had no idea Fox Kids had a radio show that outlived Radio Disney." except I went further down the rabbit hole and found out Radio Disney only shut down permanently FIVE MONTHS AGO!

At risk of channeling the Gen Xers was making fun of earlier, I had no idea any generation after mine gave any shits about terrestrial radio*. Hell, I was a weirdo amongst my age group for caring about Top 40 radio in the late '90s/early '00s.

*Or really any radio come to think of it. I'm the only person I know under the age of 60 that cares about satellite radio.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Legit don't recall there being a series about Flintstone Kids. I do remember the TV movie where Pebbles and Bam Bam get married, however.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Legit don't recall there being a series about Flintstone Kids. I do remember the TV movie where Pebbles and Bam Bam get married, however.
And also built on the Captain Caveman story with their weekly Captain Caveman and Son segments.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

No memory of Space Cats. Little Shop seems to have unlocked something in my memory bank though.

I've heard of Yo Yogi, but I'm pretty sure I didn't watch it. If I dove into the Sat AM line ups, I'm sure it would prove to be up against something I loved.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I remember Little Shop. Syfy aired it early mornings before school along with Ewoks and Star Wars drones.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Of that list I also remember the Little Shop cartoon too. I remember it being fine for what it was as kids fare.