Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Rocket League

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I've only played on console, but I can imagine the controller making your life a hell of a lot easier. Pick up a controller and map a few buttons differently (namely switch the air roll/powerslide from square/X to L1/LB) and you'll notice your game improve very quickly.

Laz

Reaction score
Vulcan looks like the XDevil with parts stripped out of it, and the new arena looks much better than AquaDome (which is stupid hard to judge due to the surrounding environment).

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Starbase ARC update should be up now, or soon if not.

https://rocketleaguegame.com/news/patch-notes-v1-25/
https://rocketleaguegame.com/game-info/starbase-arc/

Base game is 40% off on Steam. DLC is not; I assume keys are not.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252950/

Laz

Reaction score
It's out. Looks like they added more arenas to Rumble, or at least one already come across ones that I don't remember being available in Rumble.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In the patch notes, it says they removed the Rocket Labs playlist, and put those maps into all casual playlists (except Hoops and hockey, I assume). Though I know Cosmic, Octagon (now Starbase), and Pillars were in Rumble before.

They also fixed up AquaDome some—performance optimization, and getting rid of the weird ball reflection.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
don't Krampus my style said:
It's out. Looks like they added more arenas to Rumble, or at least one already come across ones that I don't remember being available in Rumble.
Pretty much all the Labs playlist from last time is now in. Meaning we should have some more ones soon.

AnonymousBroccoli said:
In the patch notes, it says they removed the Rocket Labs playlist, and put those maps into all casual playlists (except Hoops and hockey, I assume). Though I know Cosmic, Octagon (now Starbase), and Pillars were in Rumble before.

They also fixed up AquaDome some—performance optimization, and getting rid of the weird ball reflection.
Have you played Double Goal? Holy hell that's a weird one, because nearly all shots except north-south ones are dangerous.

Also, Starbase is probably my favorite one because there's no long or chaotic pieces to it. The action is always happening and you can have your goalie cheat up to help on offense and get back pretty quickly to help on defense.

Now just give me a circle stage and I'll be a happy player.

Oh, Gizmo and X-Devil received free updated costumes, so they have different bounces now.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Flik said:
Have you played Double Goal? Holy hell that's a weird one, because nearly all shots except north-south ones are dangerous.
I played a fair bit of Rocket Labs while it was there, so yup, I played some Double Goal. During this past season of RLCS, they had the Midseason Mayhem weekend, where Twitch chat voted on maps and mutators. The non-standard maps came up pretty often, and those were interesting to see top-tier teams play on.

I sorta wish they'd bring back the original Underpass, rather than just having it be a duplicate bare Neo Tokyo layout. And I remember liking the original, smaller Utopia Retro (donut map) better. Though I don't necessarily play a fast pace, so having to cover a lot of ground doesn't suit me well.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I really dislike that Groove Ground one, where the nearly all shots at the net go into the net. Such a pain in the arse to play with out competent players. Though I did have an awesome 0-0 game in which we had two awesome goalies who kept saving everything. Took an awesome shot by our team's third member to win us the game.

I don't think I played Underpass. I tried staying away from Rocket Labs, because I want to be surprised with the new arenas.

Laz

Reaction score
Is that the one set up similar to Neo-Tokyo but with the elevated platform by the goals? It's pretty easy to defend those goals if you know what you're doing, IMO.

Anybody else follow any of the YouTubers? I sub to JonSandman and NeatMike (Woofless being the only "F2" teammate I don't sub because he's a bit of a dick), and it's always fun randomly checking out freestyle goals.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I don't happen to yet. Though, I'll probably get around to when I feel like I need to "up my game". Right now, screwing around is my favorite thing to do.

Laz

Reaction score
Watching their technique on aerials has definitely upped my game, and there was an episode where Jon, Mike, and Rob all took on G2's Kronovi (RLCS championship team) and...well, it didn't go well for the three of them.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not especially familiar with YouTube channels. First I'd heard of F2 was from Kronovi's game. JHZER plays as a sub on the world champion team, but I haven't seen his videos. I've watched a few from Gibbs.

I watch some of the top-tier guys on Twitch (Rizzo, Kronovi; Jacob and Fireburner from NRG), and some slightly below pro-level, more personality guys too (Low5ive, Amoney, Dareyck). Sometimes I'll catch a few tournament games from Mockit, Gfinity, PRL, etc. Whatever looks good on the top streams page.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Rocket%20League

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
:-\ Okay, I'm still learning to fly. Damn.

On that note, since I'm trying to fly now, I've managed to up my saves. Which is nice.

Laz

Reaction score
I'm still getting the hang of flying but I've incorporated it into the ground game I have going, which means quite a few interceptions and just overall blocked shots. It's definitely upped my defense game, which helps when the rest of my team are ball chasers.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
There are people who don't chase the ball? What madness is this that you describe?!

YOU HEATHEN!

Laz

Reaction score
I really need to start streaming and saving/uploading games again. Last night I joined a pair of try-hard's in Rumble who were missing easy saves but spamming the chatbox with "what a save!" when I missed one (though both saw me either tap the ball and almost clear it), so the heel turn by playing against my teammates felt so satisfying.

Laz

Reaction score
Too brilliant a move. Hopefully this leads to RL cars getting their own Hot Wheels toys, because I would totally buy an X-Devil MKII.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBvId4DyIg

Coming March 22 - Info page | News post

• New Dropshot game mode
  • New Turbo crate
  • New Endo car, exclusive to the Turbo crate (boo)
  • Season 4 of competitive/ranked play starts
  • Spectator mode adds boost meter & rumble power-up indicators in Player View
  • Mannfield (Night) map

Laz

Reaction score
I'm not feeling Dropshot, feels like Hoops.

Laz

Reaction score
Psyonix announced some DLC for Rocket League's second anniversary on July 5th.

-New arena (Champion's Field)
-2 new cars (Animus GP and Centio V17)
-New customizations (goal explosions, rocket trails, and ENGINE SOUNDS)
-Rocket League Radio (featuring 18 new songs)
-New crates (Overdrive, which will feature the two new cars and a myriad of skins/trails/toppers)

Trailer below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_1Oo85b9A

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Can't wait for it. It should be fun. I've got so many crates right now. :/ Wish I had keys.

Laz

Reaction score
I just trade multiple crates (2 or 3) for what I'm looking for. That's how I got my X-Devil MKII and plasma trail, which were the only things I really wanted out of the CC series.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
New update available now. Includes an in-game tournaments system.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/patch-notes-v1-43-tournaments-update/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R7SzPOKKCM